littlelionsam

What is a good full coverage powder for oily skin?

I would like to find a full coverage powder good for oily skin. I am currently using the MUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation. It looks great when I put it on with no BB cream/foundation, but within a few hours my face is a grease slick. When I use it with Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream, it seems to do a lot better. Some days I don't like to use the BB cream, so this is why I am looking for a powder. Thanks!

mergar

Re: What is a good full coverage powder for oily skin?

(0) Hearts

Clinique Stay Matte pressed powder is great. I have oily skin and have tried many many brands of face makeup and powders.  Clinique Stay Matte is the absolute best and the price is very reasonable.  I also use Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream with it and never have problems.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Are you using a mattifying primer before you apply your BB Cream? Also try using something like the MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation, Two Faced Amazing Face Foundation, or Kat Von D Lock-it Powder Foundation. Try all these by themselves as well and you might not need the BB cream at all. Hope this helps!

littlelionsam

(0) Hearts

I am not using a primer at all. I use the Clinique moisturizing gel after I wash and tone my face. I asked the girl at Sephora if I  should consider a primer and she said I probably don't need one. I have never used one in the past, but my face has just become oily in the past few years. 

DoctorsMrs

I'm a big fan of the Sephora 8 Hour Mattifying Compact Foundation.  It provides great coverage, goes on super fast, lasts all day, and comes in a wide range of shades. My skin isn't seriously oily, but in the summer I get oily in the t-zone. I wore this powder foundation for most of the summer and had no issues with oil breaking through, even on vacation at the beach.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • beautylovingirl
    • DoctorsMrs
    • mergar
    • littlelionsam