Annieways

What color blush is best for spring?

I have fair skin and would like to change up my makeup for spring.  I was thinking about updating my blush color.  Any recommendations? :smileyhappy:  

Thanks!

lylysa

Re: What color blush is best for spring?

(0) Hearts

Check out Too Faced's Sweetheart Flush Blush, it gives a soft hint of color, perfect for fair skin and even looks nice layered over existing colors!

redrose04

(0) Hearts

macys has cargo I saw it online but not sure if they have it in store?

is there any similar color to Cargo catalina blush?

katie1724

Tarte Dollface is similar (but not the same). NARS Angelika is similar in terms of color, but much more heavily pigmented, and sparkly, whereas Catalina is not.

redrose04

(0) Hearts

Thanks katie

marinaanne147

(0) Hearts

Illamasqua Hussy is a gorgeous bright coral tinged pink that is perfect for Spring (& Summer). You should definitely try it out! I picked it up recently and am in LOVE.

kalex

I second the recommendation for NARS Sex Appeal!  It's my hands-down favorite blush and the first I've ever hit pan on.  It's the perfect pale peachy pink for fair skin.  It looks so natural you'd have to try really hard to overdo it!

jennypenny1995

With no hesitation, Benefit's Dandelion cheek color.  Best shade ever for us fair chicks!

sephoralovex

NARS Sex Appeal or Benefit Coralista

sephoramusthave

swfupload_5584575119040936764.jpgMy favorite spring blush at the moment is cargo blush in catalina (I got mine at Sephora, but they pulled out the line).

makeupsephora

(0) Hearts

this is such a cute color!!!!!

Could anyone recommend blushes with a similar color to this one(cargo)?

Too bad its not sold on sephora now..

colorobsession

Apparently Cargo now is carrying water-resistant blush, which I'm super curious about. I think I might need to take a trip to Ulta to see it in person.

roxystar4

ohhh I really like this color sephoramusthave.

sephoramusthave

roxystar4----I love it too, its super super gorgeous, so pigmented and you get a TON of product. I don't think anyone gives you as much product as cargo does. Lasts all day on me, and its so tightly packed in there that no "dust" comes off at all when I use a brush in there. Sephora no longer carries the line *mumbles angrily* but its still readily available at other places like ulta or cargo.com.

garnett

I have a light cool complexion and I have made some new blush purchases that I really like. None of these are glittery or have a lot of shimmer. 

The UD Naked Flushed cheek palette is really nice.  The bronzer, blush and highlighter are all "just right" and work with just about any other makeup colors I am using.  You can use each on it's own or swirl it together. 

I wanted something that would work with the lilac and lavender shades of makeup that  I recently purchased and a Sephora cast member recommended Smashbox Soft Lights in Prism.  The color is a soft pink with a blue undertones.  It is not a bright color  but it's  nicely pigmented so it doesn't fade into my skin. 

If you like cream blush, Urban Decay makes a great shade called Quickie.  The bright pink color looks intense in the compact but it goes on somewhat  sheer and gives a natural flush of color and blends well.

Two Nars colors that I love all year round are Amour and  Mata Hari.  Amour is a peachy pink but has no shimmer like Orgasm.  Mata Hari is a rich rose petal  pink with blue undertones. It may look dark in the compact but it looks beautiful on a light complexion.

As far as I am concerned, the only thing better than these blushes is these blushes topped with some Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder.  My personal spring favorites have been Ethereal and Mood.   

colorobsession

I love a wash of bright color on cheeks in the spring and summer time - peachy pinks, rose tones, and corals. I also am a fan of products that are easy to apply, especially on the go, and transition well into the warm weather. 

For a traditional powder, I've always been a fan of Benefit's boxed powders. I'm a huge fan of Bella Bamba, but for a fair skinned complexion I've heard wonderful things about Coralista.

swfupload_3739521263651281071.jpg

For something on-the-go, I've recently become a fan of Stila's Convertible Color. You can use it on lips or cheeks, although I am more partial to using it as a cheek color. I have the color Peony, which is a nice nude-pink. But I think Petunia would be a beautiful warm weather color

swfupload_1688941064849401549.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • marinaanne147