pandapersnickidy

What are you favourite matte products to use for contouring the face/nose/cheeks?

I have recently been learning a bit more about how to contour the face and define the cheekbones, and have been looking for matte products to use for this. I am new to contouring, and currently use MAC's powder blush in Harmony and Blunt, with the Sigma F05 brush, the MAC 168 brush, and a MAC tapered blending brush for my nose. 

However, I am not madly in love with any of these and would like to continue my search for my favourite contouring products and tools.

Any recommendations? I have red hair, ivory skin with warm undertones, hazel eyes, and I like to avoid shimmer/glitter (I prefer natural looking shades for my face, so I can do a more defined contour without looking over the top).

lb1414

Re: What are you favourite matte products to use for contouring the face/nose/cheeks?

I'm pretty light skinned and LOVE Too Faced Milk Chocolate.

melaisa

Re: What are you favourite matte products to use for contouring the face/nose/cheeks?

Bahama Mama. It's matte and dark enough for me. Love it!bahamamama_base_1.png

kissenmakeup

(0) Hearts

I'm loving bahama mama as well! perfect shade of brown matte!

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Hourglass waterproof bronzer, with nars orgasm & the balm highlighter have been my trio for years. 

Another option is to find a pressed foundation powder in a texture you like & just go up a few shades. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

You can use the Dior Shimmer powder in Amber Diamond even though it says shimmer powder it gives more of a radiant glow. I love it and use it every day. Hope this helps!

smash6086

(0) Hearts

I have always had trouble with exactly this! I have extremely fair skin as well ... NW 15 - NW 20 .... and have found that the best contouring products are simply powder foundations about two shades darker than my own. Any bronzer that I have ever bought has looked orange on my fair complexion, even in the lightest application. Recently I have found luck with MAC's Studio Fix Powder Plus foundation in NW 25 and the MAC mineralized skin finish natural in Medium Plus (although this has yellow undertones). For a nice sunkissed look, I use Cargo Beachblush... any of them work well

jessica223344

(0) Hearts

Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer.  I love it!  My other pick would be Laguna by NARS since I've seen it on my mom and she has almost the same skin color. 

marinaanne147

Benefit Hoola is a great matte bronzer!

lylysa

For pale or fair skin, try the Milk Chocolate Soliel bronzer from Too Faced, it's a matte bronzer that works perfectly for contouring as it won't make skin shine with too heavy of a satin finish.

If you want to experiment with a few bronzers or products the French Riviera kit is amazing (also from TF), it includes bronzer options and highlighter and tutorial cards to achieve different looks.

Take a look at this recent thread where there are some suggestions for products and another thread where I go over some techniques for contouring:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/CONTOURING-What-are-your-favorite-highlighter-bronzer-blush/td-...

kissenmakeup

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I agree, too bad MILK Chocolate Soleil dosn't show up decently on my warm ivory, NC15-NC20 skintone. So, i repurchased again the chocolate Soleil-deep brown.

roxystar4

oh no! sorry to hear that kissenmakeup! I am NC20 and the MILK def shows up on my skin (I had to blend/rub quite a bit off today with a tissue because it was having an issue blending with just a brush.)  If I use powder foundation it doesn't show up as well.  If I use a TM or liquid foundation the MILK chocolate soleil is pretty dark on me.

kissenmakeup

(0) Hearts

really?! i wonder why it dosn't show up on me nicely, it's kinda grayish and light. i have to go heavy handed. but now i'm mixing the milk chocolate and the chocolate soleil. can't return the milk chocolate though, so i'm trying to deal with it. =( btw, i'm wearing MUFE HD117 and MUFE F&B 20.

roxystar4

I agree with lylysa about the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer. It is my favorite! Smells so good and isnt too dark for me.  Also, Sephora has a limited edition set for sale right now:

http://www.sephora.com/beauty-bff-set-P378030?skuId=1510254

Lots of great products for $10 more (the bronzer is $30 by itself).

s1510254-main-hero.jpg

kissenmakeup

[ Edited ]

Try the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil -it's matte deep brown.

s1511823-main-hero.jpg

i also love the KAT-VON D everlasting bronzer- has tiny bit shimmer but undetectable once applied..

i got the Shady Business II - pearlized dark brown with gold shimmer for contouring.. 

s1450360-main-hero.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • lb1414
    • pandapersnickidy
    • marinaanne147
    • lylysa