Carmen241986

What To Do With Too Much Foundation ?

Hey girls,

So I got a bit of a dilemma here, so I have been addicted to testing foundations that I think I got TOO many now. I just feel bad if I end up tossing them, but is there a way to get rid of them or give them away if I needed to ?.

Carmen241986

Re: What To Do With Too Much Foundation ?

Just to clear up a few things, A lot of the ones I have aren't purchased from Sephora, some we're given to me by the boyfriend. I haven't gotten around to testing most of them yet. I haven't a clue when they expire. 

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

powder expires 2 years after opening

Water based foundation expires after 12 months 

oil based foundation expires after 18 months 

Carmen241986

Interesting go to my page you'll see what I have in my pictures. 

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

You have quite a collection! Out of all the ones you have i have only used the loreal liquid powder which I love, and I just places my order earlier and ordered te Kat Von d lock it because I keep hearing great things about it.

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

Give them to a charity! over here there is a local cancer foundation that helps family's financially and emotionally but they do makeover . Might be worth seeing  if there is something like that by you.

chouchou07

(0) Hearts

If you still have the packages you should return them to sephora. without receipt you can either exchange or have a gift card. I am sure you may have something you want to buy at sephora, then it will be beneficial for u because you won t have to spent money. 

roxystar4

put them in a traveling sephora box (if it doesn't get used then it goes to a charity at the end).

Carmen241986

What's a traveling Sephora box ?

roxystar4

mom25

you can send them to me.  :smileytongue:

Carmen241986

What shade are you lol ?. 

CaitlinBrunson

Try and return them! If that doesn't work, I would try and make them work for you or give them to friends and family. I would then try and sell them if they are sealed or barely used. 

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I agree about returning at least a few of the high-end, higher-priced ones!  You can just do a return without receipt and get a gift card if it's been a while or you lost the reciept.

Otherwise- traveling box, women's shelter were also good ideas.

I agree about leg make up!!!

jennypenny1995

If they're unused bottles, do donate them to your local women's shelter.  They arrive with nothing except the clothes on their back, and having makeup is critical to them looking put together and landing jobs.

If they're used bottles, toss.  That's the only hygienic thing to do.

shapeshifter

You could try mixing it with other stuff to make tinted products, like put a little in your SPF or body cream to even out tone on legs. Be a mad scientist!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

That's a great idea, I'm using it! 

missey1973

(0) Hearts

It would be great if a shelter would take them but I am not sure if they will. It is a shame to toss something like that. Just because it doesn't work for you it may be great for someone else. I just went foundation crazy of the past year and one good thing I have noticed is that a foundation I didn't like 6 months ago I love now and vice versa.

lilyyy

In Chicago there was a service that offered free prom dresses to girls who need them. I'm sure that they would love free makeup (or services of a makeup artist) as well.

It's odd that you can't donate used makeup but all that an MUA uses is "used".

jxw200

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Are there any that you purchased recently that you could return? If not, could you sell them on a site like poshmark? I don't think you can sell opened foundations on ebay unfortunately. Otherwise I say give them to friends or family. I'm sure they would enjoy it, right? :smileyhappy:

Though to be honest if you keep foundations well (in a cool place etc), you can keep them for a while. I have ones over a year old and they're fine. 

knadala

(0) Hearts

I give them away to friends and family, or I try to mix them and make them work for my complexion. If I absolutely hate the product I just toss it, I wouldn't want to give something I thought was awful to a friend or family member lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • jxw200
    • lilyyy
    • jennypenny1995
    • roxystar4
    • knadala
    • mimibel