Christine818

What Guerlain Meteorites colour?

[ Edited ]

Hey Beauties!

I just stopped into Sephora yesterday and was trying my hands out with the newly formulated Guerlain Meteorites! :smileyvery-happy: I hadn't tried them previously but have been lemming them FOREVER. I thought that with the new formulation it would be a perfect time to try them out. Long story short, I ended up purchasing the colour 03 Medium. Originally, I thought the colour should be chosen roughly based on skin tone, but one of the Sephora reps said it was more to do with the undertones and redness in your skin. She chose to put 04 Dore on me! It was beautiful, but definitely gave me a bronzed look. For day to day I'd much prefer something illuminating but that won't alter the colour of my skin. I have light-medium skin - more on the light side in winter, but get quite tan in the summer. Do you think I selected the right colour? 

Any feedback would be much appreciated xox

kso1225

Re: What Guerlain Meteorites colour?

I agree with everyone else so I'm not really providing anymore info, but I wanted to back up those opinions because before I got my meteorites I could not find a solid opinion on which color to go with. Most of the reviews said something along the lines of all the colors are subtle enough to be used on anyone and it depends on what look you're going for.  So I bought all three of the main colors (obviously that's the only reasonable thing to do...) and I almost always reach for the middle one.  The darkest one does give a subtle bronzing effect which will be nice as summer comes. I really thought the lightest one would work for me but I feel like it's less flattering and even though they're very subtle, it makes me look ever so slightly ashen.  The middle color is just an easy, throw it on every day color for me.

heartsmyface

Obviously, lol! When in doubt buy em all! 

Christine818

Thanks @kso1225 the assurance is really helpful :smileyhappy: That was exactly my problem! Bahaha of course, its only reasonable :smileywink: my makeup purchase mantra exactly. Glad you are finding ways to incorporate all 3 of the powders! As a Meteorites connoisseur do they get your seal of approval? There are just too many finishing powders...I feel a need to try them all! its only reasonable :smileytongue:

friedrice

Hi Christine818, I think you chose the best meteorite color!

I use the medium too,and I have a light medium skin tone too like you.

I use it all over my face and I love how it gives the soft look and blurring effect.

I only use the Teint Rose/Clair(new formula) for giving my face the brightening effect...doing the opposite letter G like on the Guerlain video :smileyhappy:

But I really love the old formula better. I find the new formula too glittery and powdery for me.

Christine818

Thanks so much @friedrice !

It sounds like I made the right choice, I'm so relieved! What is your favourite tool to apply the meteorites with?

Yes, I watched that video too. Such a classic and understated look. Do you use the Terracotta bronzer as well? I think that may be my next purchase...although I just purchased the Chanel Soleil de Tan bronzing base back in November so I have a problem justifying it, as with most of my makeup 'investments' :smileytongue: haha

DesertRose0706

how are you liking the Chanel Soleil de Tan?  I have always been tempted by this one :smileyhappy:

Christine818

so far so good :smileyhappy: I have really enjoyed it. My favourite way to apply the product is before makeup, after I have washed, moisturized and primed my face. I follow the application steps in this video by Lisa Eldridge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCgRPn7dx04 a very helpful and classic way to wear a little colour on the face. I use the Hourglass no. 7 Finishing Brush to apply the product straight from the tub (on that note - I highly recommend this brush if you are in need of a superior quality, do it all brush! Never sheds and probably the softest and densest brush of my collection. I use it to blend my primer, liquid foundation and Hourglass Ambient Powders as well. A true workhorse and probably the best makeup investment I've made!). Overall, I think it is a lovely product. I'm sure there are many dupes you could get a hold of, but considering the quantity of product the price is very reasonable. It'll be years before I use the thing up! (and in my case, I'm a bit of a high-end makeup nut :smileytongue: I couldn't resist!) I was also pleased by the general colour - it is a nice golden bronze, never orange. When you apply it to your face it certainly gives you a lovely glow. Packaging is also convenient for travel - a sturdy plastic, but not cheap looking by any means.

That said, I miss using powder bronzers. Tho I'm a bit of a bronzaholic and bronzer is one of my staple products. The product can be built up, but is not as noticeably stark as some powders I've used in the past. If you enjoy cream products (or even if you don't) I think it is a really unique product and worth a shot. It does take some adjusting to and it may take a while until you find an application that works for you, but I would recommend it to anyone. It doesn't accentuate pores and sits well on my mom's dry/combo skin and my combo/acne-prone skin. If you do decide to give it a go, let me know what you think of it! I'd love to hear :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

Hi Chrsitine!  I have all 3 shades of the meteorites in the older formula and it sounds to me like you picked the best color!  I go between a MAC NW20 and NW25 depending on how much of a tan I have.  Out of all 3 colors, the medium color is the one I like the best, regardless of how tan my skin looks. The medium color just seems to give me the most natural and flawless look.  The lightest color doesnt seem to blur my imperfections as well (maybe because it is a little too light? im not sure) and the darkest color gives me a hint of color which I dont always want (I have bronzer for that anyways!).

I hope this is helpful.

Also, I highly recommend the old formula over the newer one if you can find it, as it the older formula is less sparkly and blurs imperfections much more effectively.

Christine818

Yay, I'm so glad I chose Medium then. This was very helpful! Thank you so much :smileyhappy: Wish I could say I have all 3...maybe one day :smileywink: May I also ask what you use to apply your Meteorites with...brush/powder puff included?

Oh, darn. I keep hearing that the older formula is better :/ I can just see it being a real hassle to get a hold of. I'm not even sure where I would begin to look...

DesertRose0706

I use a MAC brush, the 129, which is a natural hair blush brush.  I like this one a lot because it picks up the product well and is small and dense enough to distribute the powder nicely.  The puff that comes with the meteorites isnt really intended to be used to apply the powder, it is just there to keep the meteorites safe and secure :smileyhappy:

Also, I ordered the old formula from Neiman Marcus not too long ago, and it looks like they still have them in stock!

Christine818

Thanks @DesertRose0706 for the quick reply! I've heard good things about the MAC 129, I may give it a look-see. At the moment I'm attempting my luck with my Marc Jacobs Bronzer Brush. It seems to do an okay job. Originally I thought it'd be too large to even fit the well of the container! I definitely want to try a few other brushes as comparison tho!

Good to know! I thought the puff was an alternative application method.

That is really tempting...but unfortunately I'm from Canada so I'll have to scope out elsewhere. 

Thanks again!

kbmatthews

They still sell the old formula at certain places. I'm in Canada so the ones I've seen are Canadian stores, but I just picked up a new set last week at Shoppers and it was the old formula. So, it's around!

Christine818

(0) Hearts

I'm from Canada too :smileyhappy: represent haha

I never thought to look at Shoppers, I didn't even think they carried Guerlain. I will definitely have to check it out and I have a gift card! Fingers crossed xx

friedrice

Did you still purchase the new formula and kept it?

I had to return mine :smileysad: it is just like a glitter explosion lol

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I started out witht e older formula in the medium color,  Then i purchased the new meteorites in the lightest shade to compare the two formulas. But I really disliked the new formula, so I returned it and bought the 2 shades I didnt have in the old formula. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 30 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • friedrice
    • kso1225
    • Christine818
    • DesertRose0706
    • kbmatthews
    • heartsmyface