lecia1167

Wayne Goss's tip on applying foundation is really interesting....

I am so gonna try this!!

This trick will hold your foundation in place all day. No excess post powdering. It will also fill in pores and some fine lines! I KNOW! We've been told to powder after foundation, and this makes total sense. And it works. But what works really well is to powder before foundation. After moisturiser and primer THEN YOU POWDER. Then you apply foundation OVER THE POWDER! This will fill in pores. But what it will do is keep your foundation in place all day. If you have dry skin you will not need to powder your foundation after. You can just leave it. For those with very oily skin you will need a touch of powder on the t-zone only. Give it a go. Let me know what you think and the results :smileyhappy: Oh and thumbs up! Thank you!

lecia1167

Re: Wayne Goss's tip on applying foundation is really interesting....

He says any loose powder should work.

consolvo

(0) Hearts

Thanks!

lyravega

[ Edited ]

My skin is on a drier side ( normal/dry combo ). Completely dry during the winter. This didn't work for me. :smileysad: But, I did see the potential! It did conceal my pores. But my foundation was crazy flaky, and just plain terrible looking all over my face, no matter what I did and tried ( different kind of application, amounts of powder ( yes, loose powder ) and foundation, creams, primers, brushes, bb... ). I think this might be a neat trick for people with oily, or maybe even normal skin... But, not for dry skin :smileysad:

OwlAndTanager

(0) Hearts

I've never heard of pre-foundation powdering before this post. I have REALLY dry skin, so I don't know if this will work for me. I'm excited to try it out, though!

DiVWA

I wonder if it would work if primer isn't used. I don't use primers.

lucyshnoosy

Same here.  Might be interesting to try anyway.

misscg

interesting....Ironic though today is the first day my foundation didn't melt off or rub onto my phone. I'm not sure what did it but I used new stuff today. MUFE hd foundation, then the pro powder, the guerlain perles, and then the MUFE pressed translucent powder. Idk but its still on and i look great and not cakey, glittery, or pale, lol.

I also used sun screen for the first time on my face (I usually just use moisturizer with spf in it)  

jellybean917

[ Edited ]

I'm excited to give this a shot! To anyone who's tried it: does it matter how you apply the liquid foundation (beauty blender/brush/fingers)?

LaiceeB18

I tried it a couple of times and am actually rather shocked. It didn't cake up like I thought it would, granted I have only ever tried it exactly as he does in the video ((with fingers)). I'm not sure if there would be a difference when doing it with brushes or other applicators. 

So it wasn't cake-y and my makeup did last longer then it normally does which I was pretty happy about. I think it is worth everyones time to try/experiment with the idea.

gingerblack

Weird. I like his tip about pressing in the powder when I want a poreless look

RandeeBT

Interesting concept...I may try it. I have never had a lot of luck with applying liquids on top of powders, but it might work to try this technique.

Best,
Randee
lecia1167

I know! It totally sounds weird. But watch the video he has on it. It's called "This Foundation Tip Can Change Your Life."

Would be nice if it did!

RandeeBT

I'll definitely look into the video! Thanks for the information! :smileyhappy: 

Best,
Randee
andyhtrieu

I've tried this a couple of times, but I still don't know how I feel about it.

Chickibum

I've been doing this for a couple weeks now since seeing the video, it really does work, I love it 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 66 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • misscg
    • lyravega
    • Manda
    • jojobe
    • consolvo
    • talinder