islandqt

Waterproof/ Sweatproof/transfer resistant foundation?

Hey guys and gals!

As some of you know I am a Caribbean girl and for the first time ever I will be participating in Carnival!! So I already am confident with the makeup I need EXCEPT for foundation (concealer options will be welcome as well). You see I will be playing mas (wearing a costume and dancing) and I need some ideas on a foundation that will last all day in the SUN, humidity, possible rain, the occasional swipe of a towel AND of course, SWEAT.

It does not have to have SPF in it as I will be taking care of that with my skin-care. I have normal/oily skin and I wear MAC NW43 or Make Up Forever HD #175.

For the record, I am looking at the Cinema Secrets Palettes so it does not have to be from Sephora. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

redrose04

Re: Waterproof/ Sweatproof/transfer resistant foundation?

Make up atelier Paris I heard from guru it is water proof he said once you put it on your face its not going any where but you will have a hard time removing it on your face.

LEAH808

(0) Hearts

Where can you get that in the US? i see its only available in the UK?

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Did Dior change the formula of the airflash? I know they finally added more shades. I've been using it for years & never knew it was waterproof, I always thought it was long-wear. It's been more of my go-to winter foundation, but I might have to try it in the summer now. 

dianabt

(0) Hearts

@Dannyc the formulation is the same but there are 3 new shades! :smileyhappy:  This is my favorite foundation so I'm happy to see a few more colors to choose from. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Thanks @dianabt all these years & I never knew it was waterproof. Now I'm going to try to work it into my summer makeup bag. 

islandqt

Hey guys! thanks for the Recs! I should have mentioned that I already have the Makeup Forever Face and Body foundation and while it is good it is a bit too light and too dewy for what I am looking for and I want to look a bit more flawless as I will be wearing a costume.

Keep the suggestions coming!

ayen85

[ Edited ]

try the estee lauder foundations, the double wear for full coverage matte finish,estee lauder double wear  light for semi matte finish and this one looks great in photos,or if u are pink toned and want something thats full coverage,try their maximum cover...i have nad bad luck with foundations before but i have finally found something thats smudge proof,sweatproof,water resistant too!,plus i dont need to have it retouched for hours.i personally thought that estee lauder was old ladies makeup but boy,was i mistaken! For concealer i recently picked up the mac prolongwear.same with the EL foundation its a heavy duty concealer! I hate retouching my makeup,it just makes me feel awkward so i always make sure i buy something that doesnt require me to touch up every few hours.hope this helps!

melissabt

Hi Islandqt,

You already have some good suggestions for waterproof make up ideas! I just wanted to add a few more. Make Up Forever also carries a full coverage concealer that can also work as a primer!

full cover.jpg

Tarte also makes a nice waterproof bronzer! It will work great for contouring on the face and body.

waterproof tarte.jpg

<3 Melissa
rtista

You can use the MUFE concealer as a primer?  Do you mix it with anything or just apply it directly?  I LOVE that concealer, it's amazingly waterproof!

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Rtista,

At the MUF training we went to, they recommended it as a primer. I tried it and it works great, no creasing. You just apply it after your eye cream. I would not mix it with anything else.

<3 Melissa
kenny

Although it isn't necessarily waterproof, Kat Von D's foundation holds up amazingly well. I've were it for nights out and it lasts through long nights of dancing, through the heat and sweat.

If you do want something that is waterproof Makeup Forever's Face and Body foundation is good, although it offers only light-medium coverage.

A really great water proof concealer is Tarte's Amazonian Clay Stick concealer. If used it like a foundation by swiping a bit on my t-zone and any areas that need more coverage and blending. It has lasted through a day at the beach (and yes, I went swimming with it on!)

jennypenny1995

I'm about positive that Tarte's 12-Hour foundation is waterproof, so I'd def look into it.

dianabt

Hello islandqt!

I love the suggestions that Laura gave you-both makeups are totally budge proof and look amazing on the skin! Try also a makeup setting spray like the Kat Von D (my absolute FAVORITE) 

swfupload_9147909227234246730.jpg

or try a mattifying primer or makeup too like the Givenchy Mister Mat or Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Makeup:

swfupload_7052026609087115971.jpg

Pictured is #26 Amber for the Clinique Stay Matte 

swfupload_3222482832084155349.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
btmod1

Hi Islandqt, that sounds like a lot of fun!  Take a look at Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Makeup in Coffee 44.  It's a waterproof, ultra-light, water-based gel formula:

MUFE Face & Body.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/face-body-liquid-makeup-P12635?skuId=468983

The Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation is also waterproof. I recommend trying color 500 Dark Beige:

Dior Airflash.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=airflash&skuId=978817&productId=P104914&_re...

:smileyhappy: -Laura

maltipoo66

Hi!  I'm curious to see what everyone else recommends, but I'm a dancer and I perform a lot, and I use Clinique's Superbalanced makeup.  It's sweat resistant, and I set it with Amazing Cosmetics's Velvet Mineral Pressed Powder (sweatproof powder), so it doesn't budge through intense workouts and sweating.  A lot of performers use cake makeup to stay matte, but it is so thick and always breaks me out.  Hope that helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • btmod1
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • maltipoo66
    • rtista