ptrw

Visible Pore Help

Does anyone have suggestions for covering pores? No matter what foundation I use, they are always visible and it drives me crazy. I have used pore refiners and primers, but nothing seems to work well. 

beautylovingirl

Re: Visible Pore Help

(0) Hearts

You should also check out Dr. Brandt's pores no more. It does a really great job of making pores look smaller. Hope this helps!

ChristinaLE

(0) Hearts

Hi ptrw..it may be the way you are applying your makeup too...Check out this awesome tutorial from gossmakeup artist on youtube...this vid helped me and he has tons of tips and tricks!!! :smileyhappy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmZm3vwrF8Q

ptrw

(0) Hearts

He is awesome! I have recently switched the the brushes and have been buffing, but I will try reversing in the morning. Thanks!

Kitkat1022

(0) Hearts

I would definetly recommend a primer specifically for blurring out your pores like Benefit's Porefessional primer. It definetly blurs out your pores!!! swfupload_2192515732284516989.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/the-porefessional-P264900?skuId=1259068

Over that I would recommend a foundation for refining your pores like Clinique's Pore Refining Solutions Instant Makeup. It's not heavy, its buildable, and it does cover pores. 

swfupload_2499421134121007282.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/pore-refining-solutions-instant-perfecting-makeup-P375905?skuId=1440403

Hope I helped :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Which products have you tried specifically?

Try a primer that has a higher grade/quality of silicone/dimethicone, this will form the smoothest barrier over enlarged pores and prevent them from being as visible.

Benefit's Porefessional, Hourglass' No. 28 Serum primer, and Too Faced's Primed & Poreless (pink tube) all work incredibly well to smooth over the visibility of pores.

ptrw

I have used the PTR glycolic wash and hydration, the PTR max corrector (which severely dried out my skin and still recovering....returned those in a heart beat), the tarte poreless primer, clinic pore serum...and many others. I am trying to find a good skin routine that wont damage/dry out my skin but still even tone and address the pore issue. Any adivce is appreciated!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Using a wash, lotion, and treatment product containing alpha and beta hydroxy acids is probably too much and overloaded your skin.

Are there any other issues aside from the pores you face such as dryness or oil? Try using a more basic face wash, then a pore refining toner that contains witch hazel (a natural astringent) to keep pores clean and to rid excess oil from skin that can clog pores and emphasize the look of them.

Pore size is determined by genetic factors, so skin care and cosmetic products can't actually shrink or change the size of your pores in the long run, the key is to keep them as clean as possible so the look of them is minimized/diminished.

After the toner step, stick with oil free products as to avoid clogging skin, try a moisturizer that is gel based so it's not as heavy on your skin like Ole Heriksen's Invigorating Night Gel or Boscia's Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel. The Boscia Black line uses charcoal to draw out oil, impurities, sebum, and bacteria that can get trapped in skin and settle in pores.

Though those products don't contain SPF, try Peter Thomas Roth's Clini Matte SPF 20 lotion, which helps to mattify, minimize the appearance of pores, and leave skin feeling weightless.

If you're insistant on using a treatment based product inbetween the toner/moisturizing steps, Boscia's Black line also has a treatment gel called No Pores No Shine. Murad's T-Zone Refining Gel uses glycolic acid to exfoliate and keep dead skin from building up and getting trapped in pores, since glycolic acid does help to chemically exfoliate the skin, be sure to use an SPF over it as a precaution depending on how sensitive your skin is or how sensitized it can get. Limited your product usage that contains glycolic acids (alpha hydroxy acids) or salicylic acid (beta hydroxy) will allow you to still benefit from the ingredients, but not overwhelm your skin.

From there you can top off targetted areas with Benefit's Porefessional. It can be tapped over areas with enlarged pores to minimize their appearance and help mattify skin and act as a foundation primer.

ptrw

I do make sure everything is oil free. That is a must : ) I just finished my bottle of hope serum so on the hunt for a good one 

ptrw

Mainly the pores. I have pretty classic combination skin with occasional pimple or two in my t zone area but I am not suPer oily. Some dullness and uneven tone on the cheek. (most likely from messing with my pores too much ). My skin will be good for a couple days or a week then freak out. Oh I guess I should mention I have laugh lines/lines around my mouth that I hate. 

ptrw

I used to get one or two lovely large cystic acne pimples a month but those have died down with my clarisonic. So now it is just the war on my pores and blackheads. 

lylysa

Since it's your pores that're you're mainly looking to keep clear so they're minimize in appearance, target that issue with treatment products rather than washes or lotions. Though purifying washes are great, they only do so much as they're rinsed off anyway, so active ingredients don't sink into skin as well/as long, and moisturizers firstly serve to hydrate and restore hydration balances in skin, though they can also help with mattifying or smoothing, they're like the final seal on whatever more potent treatment item you use underneath.

Generally, treatment products have the highest concentration of active ingredients anyway and have formulas that absorb quicker into skin compared to a lotion. Check out some the products I mentioned above, I know Boscia's Black line has a mini starter kit if you're interested in that route, so it's a good money saver that allows you to try out a variety of products.

PoisonLipgloss

(0) Hearts

I've been using Black Label BB cream as a base, it's thick and layered under foundation looks great, plus gives added skin care benifits and keeps my foundation from clogging my pores
I use Boots Botanic conditioning clay mask, every other night.  It cleans and refines my pores while conditioning. It's like 7$ at Kmart and works so much better then the Origins Charcoal Mask, a firming/tightening moisturizer after toning seems to help

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • PoisonLipgloss
    • ChristinaLE
    • Kitkat1022
    • ptrw