kawaiihk

VERY pale skin... Looking for a good foundation to match my skin.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi there! 
So.. My natural skin is VERY pale... A very milky.. Almost paper white tone.. (I attached a good picture of mine showing how pale it is) 

Photo on 7-25-12 at 12.14 PM #3 copy.jpg

Yet over the summer is was more.. "normal" toned. My skin was about a shade or a shade and a half darker, just by virtue of the fact that I was out and about every day.
I used Revlon ColorStay for oily skin during that time... And honestly it is the best drugstore foundation I have used! Very matte, very oil-controling... It was longwear and didn't rub off.. It matched my skin PERFECTLY as well!

The only drawback... Now that it's winter and my skin is milky white again.. The lightest shade for that brand is WAY too dark for my skin! I was HORRIFIED to look in the mirror in the sunlight to see that my face was a totally different color than my neck!

I'm reluctantly looking into a few mac foundations... (being that I MUCH prefer longwear and matte foundations) Hoping that I'll find one that's closer to my skin tone... but first I'd like to go here before blowing 30 bucks on something that doesn't match my skin well, or won't work to my satisfaction.

So I'd like to ask you, the people of the Sephora community.. Where can I find a good, oil control, medium-coverage, and long lasting/rub resistant foundation for around 15-20 bucks (25-35 at absolute most, and only if it's really worth it) for my EXTREMELY pale skin? I'm willing to look into any brands... Be it drugstore or high-end. 

MizzyyzziM

Re: VERY pale skin... Looking for a good foundation to match my skin.

(0) Hearts

I have fair skin. I use "Finland" shade Tinted Moisturizer by NARS. It has a good how to  use  video and the Finland tint is very bright and fair. I highly recommend it even though its pricey it smells of oranges and a little goes a long way.

bmblume

Hi kawaiihk,

You definitely have a porcelain skin tone. I barely get any color during the warmer seasons so I tend to stay that pale all year.

I have had a really hard time finding a foundation, especially in the drugstore. Lots are either slightly too dark or too yellow, or both. I have had to resort to the higher-end foundations in order to get a great match, which I think has been worthwhile. I know you said you were looking for something more affordable, but I thought I would throw you some suggestions your way just in case you get really desperate.

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation in Alabaster (No. 15) is available for $36.00 at Sephora. It is great for an oily complexion, is long-lasting, and has awesome coverage. It is pro stuff. It might need to be combined with a little moisturizer to thin it out for a more medium coverage. Try the stuff at the store, first. You'll probably love it! (The brand also has an HD foundation, but I have found it is too dark.)

Another brand (not available at Sephora) is a little more costly at $45.00 but is made with natural ingredients and gives medium coverage. Lately I have been using Zuii Certified Organic Flora Liquid Foundation in Olive Light. (By the way, the swatches on their website are way off.) I have had mine for many months and it's kept very well. One con: because of the botanical ingredients, it is not matifying and won't stay fresh for 24 hours like Make Up For Ever's foundation does. But, on the plus side, the brand is Australian, so they have a ridiculously pale shade called Porcelain which is practically white (apparently for Asian women who want to achieve a very fair face). You could always mix that shade with another to achieve the perfect combination. Unfortunately, Zuii might be hard to find. I discovered it at a local organic salon. Definitely check around your area so you can test out the line!

Good luck!

kawaiihk

(0) Hearts

Just ordered the first foundation you mentioned off of Amazon (Shipping and price was a bit cheaper ;D )
Thank you for the suggestions. And even if this foundation isn't rub-resistant or mattifying enough it will definitely hold me over until I can find something suited to my needs. I'd much rather have a foundation that matches my skin and isn't matte, than one that is matte but too dark.
I may also work something out with mixing my old foundation with this one. We'll see how it goes. c: I'll keep my fingers crossed!

As to anyone else please continue with the suggestions... As I might want to buy a different brand if I don't like this one.

bmblume

(0) Hearts

Cool :smileyhappy: Please update us on your thoughts!

melissa93

(0) Hearts

I think you should try some MUFE it's a little pricey but worth it or you can go with the mac as well. 
http://www.sephora.com/pro-finish-multi-use-powder-foundation-P377189?skuId=1479609

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • bmblume
    • MizzyyzziM
    • kawaiihk
Photos1
  • Photo on 7-25-12 at 12.14 PM #3 copy.jpg