Under eye concealer/tarte shape tape opinion

Am I the only one who can't stand Tarte Shape Tape? UGH it is so drying for me, and I have purchased two tubes of it now on two different occasions because I have been so convinced by all the raving (especially from girls with dry skin) that I should love it.

Alas, I am in search of a good long-lasting, full coverage, yet hydrating concealer for the under eyes. I have tried and am not a fan of Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer or Urban Decay Naked Skin. However, I am open to any other suggestions! Thanks!

Re: Under eye concealer/tarte shape tape opinion

(0) Hearts

Try the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Concealer!  Its got a beautiful texture and is full coverage, but is not matte at all!Capture.JPG

(0) Hearts

Hi natty girl!

I personally love Shape Tape and swear by it but I have dry skin myself too so I totally know how it can be drying sometimes (when I am very dry I use Nars creamy concealer lol). Another concealer I often use when I am dry and I have had amazing results with is the Becca aqua luminous concealer!! Never have issues with creasing either and it blends so nicely! The only thing is that it isn't as heavy duty as shape tape!

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Ally

(0) Hearts

Hi, nattygirl!

If your undereyes tend to be particularly dry, I would definitely recommend applying a hydrating eye cream to the undereye region when you first wake or prior to your makeup application. Good skin is the basis of a good makeup application and its inevitable best wear-time. 

For an added boost, you may even check into Smashbox's Hydrating Undereye Primer which can serve in place of a day-time eye cream (if you've yet to decide on an eye cream or haven't fallen in love with any particular eye cream just yet). The formula includes sodium hyaluronate is a humectant that binds 1000x its weight in moisture to the skin drawn from the atmosphere for continuous, yet lightweight hydration. It also incorporates peptides (which aid in repairing collagen and elastin for smoother, firmer skin), caffeine (to depuff and diminish the appearance of dark circles), and light diffusing pigments (to give the undereyes a subtle glow). This primer can help improve skin's texture and quality, making concealer less likely to cake, crease, or settle while helping grip onto product and pigment better so you can use less product to get the coverage and look your need.

If you're not a fan of Tarte's Shape Tape and just haven't had luck with Nars' Radiant Creamy Concealer or Urban Decay's Naked Skin, try Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Eyes Concealer SPF 15. This creamy liquid gives buildable medium to full coverage and is perfect for drier skin types. While giving SPF protection, the formula also uses aspects of the Hydrating Under Eye Primer (sodium hyaluronate, peptides, and caffeine), calming chamomile, conditioning vitamin E, and strengthening yeast extract.

Another hydrating concealer option is Benefit's Fake Up Concealer, which builds up to medium coverage, but packs a pigment encased core in an ultra conditioning shell that includes vitamin E, brightening apple extract, and moisturizing rapeseed extract. Since you don't mention dark circles being a huge concern, this formula may be worth checking out even though it may not build up to as full of coverage as the Smashbox above as this could be more of the natural, every day formula for quick and easy use.

(0) Hearts

Hi nattygirl,

I personally really like the tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer! It provides a full coverage (a small amount goes a really long way!), it's hydrating, and long lasting. It's a bit on the thicker side but I find that it's still very blendable. If you apply too much, it can feel a bit heavy so start off with just a small amount.

http://www.sephora.com/maracuja-creaseless-concealer-P312114

Another concealer I suggest trying is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Concealer. This concealer also provides a full coverage and will camoflauge any imperfections while still looking natural. Additionally, it's really hydrating.

http://www.sephora.com/concealer-P406282

Always,

Danee

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
Photos1
  • Capture.JPG