triciaann12

Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

[ Edited ]

---

beautylovingirl

Re: Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

(0) Hearts

@triciaann12- I use Bare Minerals Prime Time on my whole face and it has dimethicone  in it now with that being said I don't think that the Prime Time has retinol in it. Also with you feeling the effects on your face I definitely wouldn't put it near my eyes!

keelybt

I'm always hesitant to put products not made for the eyes around my eyes, because even though it may not irritate it can clog the pores.  Once the pores are clogged the only way to get rid of that is to have it lanced. Not fun!! The skin is so much more delicate and the pores so much smaller, if it is not designed for that purpose, you will run that risk.

lylysa

The form used in the primer is retinol itself and retinyl palmitate, which is a much more mild form of vitamin A. Since this is a cosmetic grade product compared to it being more based in skin care, the retinol/vitamin A in the primer should not have any ill effects, along with the fact it's suspended in quite a dimethicone rich base which helps form a protective layer over skin. The retinol itself is in the middle of the ingredient list and the retinyl palmitate is at the end, making them not as potent compared to a skin care product where retinol is listed within the first 5 or 10 ingredients.

Just be aware of your own individual sensitivities when using the product or retinol, for example, my skin is quite tolerant and resilient to many ingredients that are quite strong, but just always be mindful. Retinol is normal and known to cause some mild cases of redness or even sensitivity, but if it burns or stings, discontinue use. Application will be key, so avoid getting it too close to your lash line. If you use the primer on the under eye area for a few days and don't notice any increase or worsening of stinging then just continue to use at your own discretion, but of course continue to monitor the results.

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

---

lylysa

Dimethicone can be found in everything from serums, lotions, creams, gels, primers, to foundations, it's more amped up primers so they form that smooth barrier on skin which smooths over fine lines, pores, and uneven texture.

Is there a particular reason you're using the TFP&P formula? If you want something with a similar texture, Benefit's Porefessional feels virtually the same (I've noticed that BP and TFP&P are a bit richer in texture compared to other silicone/dimethicone primers which really smooths the appearance of skin and tackles visible pores) but it doesn't contain retinol or even retinyl palmitate. If retinyl palmitate doesn't bother you, another option is Hourglass' N. 28 Primer Serum which is packed with vitamins and botanicals that's a good skin care/cosmetic hybrid.

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

---

lylysa

No prob! It's nice to experiment and find out what works and what doesn't so that way you learn more and more about your skin and have that solid knowledge bank.

The Porefessional doesn't have much of a scent to me, it's definitely not fragrances like their tints or anything though, so maybe it'll be subtle enough for you.

redrose04

(0) Hearts

I think it should be fine, I used it yesterday because I have a small tube sample and I love it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • lylysa
    • triciaann12
    • beautylovingirl
    • redrose04