PC00

Tinted moisturizer to hide/heal razor burn/ingrown hair

(0) Hearts

Hi all,  looking for your advice on a rather specific situation that doesn't seem to be a sort option on any of the beauty sites when looking for a tinted moisturizer.  I'm working on improving my shaving ritual, but I still get razor burn and ingrown hair. 

What do you think would be a good tinted moisturizer to replenish the skin after shaving as well as cover up razor burn and ingrown hair without clogging pores and causing the situation to get worse?

PC00

Re: Tinted moisturizer to hide/heal razor burn/ingrown hair

(0) Hearts

So it sounds like I need to treat the issues separately.  Have you heard of the effectiveness of the LAB Series 3-in-1 Post Shave or the LAB Series BB cream?  Both of these seem unnecessarily expensive, so is there something that is the feminine equivalent not taking advantage of manly men worried about wearing makeup?

or is it one of those "Strong enough for a woman, but made for a man" situations where I have to bite the bullet and pay the money even though I don't want to?

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The 3-in-1 Post Shave appears to be more of a hydrating/conditioning after shave gel. The ingredients of glycerine, dimethicone, saw palmetto, algae extract, and peppermint will have a cooling and soothing effect on skin, good for irritation and razor burn; however, I can't saw it's super effective against ingrown hairs. The gel formulation could help it by not being as heavy as a lotion or cream so it will most likely lessen the chances to clog pores. Depending on your skin type, you might be able to get away with using the 3-in-1 as a moisturizer and soothing after shave gel and if you get a couple of ingrowns, treat them accordingly with a spot treatment like the ones mentioned below. If you do use it as your moisturizer, layer a SPF over it so you still get UV protection for the day.

Though the ingredient listing and formulation for the BB cream from Lab Series looks pretty sound and has a good basis of botanicals (cucumber, St. Paul's Wort, barely, apple, and wheat) which will help soothe and strengthen skin, along with hydrators like sodium hyaluronate, it doesn't seem to be too far off or any better than other BB creams or tinted moisturizers in skin care lines.

I believe if you're looking to try a complexion item that's lighter weight, try the Dr. Jart BB Cream set, it's $34 and you get to sample 4 different formulas to find one that best suits your skin and needs:

swfupload_4548273576323602394.jpg

That way you can experiment and not spend an arm and a leg for just one product that might not work.

PC00

(0) Hearts

out of curiosity, do you think this would rub off and stain the collars of my dress shirts?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Tinted moisturizers are going to be more of a cosmetic grade product than an actual skin care product, so it'll be key to look for either oil free formulas or those geared with a touch more benefits of nourishing the skin rather than just laying some color onto the skin.

If you're looking to treat razor burn or ingrown hairs, try a product like Tend Skin, The Cool Fix, or Jack Black's Bump Fix Razor Bump and Ingrown Hair Solution. These products rely on acids to keep pores clear and prevents hair from wanting to curl back and grow inward.

The suggestion from Brennn in regards to the MST is quite nice, it contains vitamins and anti-oxidants to keep skin maintained and provides a natural wash of color. Dr. Jart and Dr. Brant have some BB creams (similar to tinted moisturizers but are a little more amped up in terms of providing coverage, which will still be lighter weight than a foundation) that can suit depending on any other needs or issues needing addressing such as dry or oily skin. Cover FX has their oil-free Skin Tint which also contains an anti-inflammatory agent known as bisabolol to ease redness and irritation.

brennn

(0) Hearts

Hmmm... I think you are looking for something like  Miracle Skin Transformer which is sort of like a light body foundation. It's used to cover up superficial scars, correct uneven skin tone, etc. & it is quite hydrating. MST also makes a Heal Everything Balm which is supposed to be quite good at soothing & hydrating after irritation caused by waxing/shaving that you might also want to check out & use in conjunction with the Miracle Skin Transformer.

The only other thing I can think of is Sally Hansen Airbrush legs. It's not a tinted moisturizer but an aerosol that you rub into the skin & can be used to cover up freckles, veining & stretch marks. It's not moisturizing but it's waterproof & transfer-resistant so it won't get on your clothes. Use a light non-greasy body moisturizer & let it sink in really well before applying this & it should be fine. In my opinion, this has a bit more coverage & you can build color up easier if you need to. 

I don't know if either of these would fully cover up ingrown hairs depending on how red or raised they were & I wouldn't put either on broken skin to be safe.  I hope you find something that works for you.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • brennn
    • PC00
Photos1
  • swfupload_4548273576323602394.jpg