banane

Tinted Moisturizer for SPF sensitivities?

I've been wanting to switch to a TM for the increasingly humid weather here.  I went to Laura Mercier first - looks gorgeous - breaks me out.  Tried Oil Free thinking I had solved my issue - same deal.  All I can discern is it is the SPF (I have the same issue with SPF moisturizers).  Any suggestions for close to the same coverage/finish, but without all the pesky break outs?

brookie673

Re: Tinted Moisturizer for SPF sensitivities?

(0) Hearts

Look at Clinique products. I agree with the other posters- You want one with zinc.

bee89

(0) Hearts

Ok I have uber sensitive skin and clinique, CARGO, and tarte all broke me out! I have no idea what I am alergic to but these are what worked: LOROC Tinted moisturizer and The Balm Balm Shelter tinted moisturizer. They both have spf but my skin is very prone to break outs and this stuff looks and feels amazing on my sin :smileyhappy: worth a try! :smileyvery-happy:

flamingcheeks

(0) Hearts

Most chemical sunscreens irritate my sensitive skin. Tarte Smooth Operator SPF 20, which is somewhere between a TM and a sheer foundation, gets its SPF from zinc oxide and titanium dioxide and does not ever irritate my skin or make me break out. It also stays on through hot weather perspiration. I love the stuff and wear it every day.

msluminous

I hate that Sephora doesn't carry CARGO anymore, but their tinted moisturizer is wonderful. It has no chemical sunscreens, just zinc and titanium. I tried 6 different brands last summer and none worked well on my skin. But I promise this one is good stuff!

ran8

(0) Hearts

Going to have to agree with msluminous as far as what SPF ingredients to look for in a tinted moisturizer (especially for more sensitive skin).  Zinc and/or Titanium Dioxide. Oxybenzone tends not to be nice to my face. 

If it feels like and arduous task to find the right tinted moisturizer, try mixing a small bit of foundation (the current one or some even suggest a color that is a small step up) into a natural SPF and apply.  See if that gives the desired effect.  Every tinted moisturizer on the market is too dark or orange for my skin or feels as if I use more product than I would with foundation alone.  LAVANILA has a facial sunscreen that is natural with the same SPF ingredients (and oxybenzone free).  It does not break me out or give little red bumps. 

gabidee

Hey,

Well, Clinique is probably your miracle!

It's a fragrance-free  and allergy-tested line with dermatalogists behind it!

Opt for natural sunscreen formulas that contain zinc (a natural sunscreen). Burt's Bee's is probably the best natural sunscreen option. But, Clinique also makes sunscreen availible in SPF 30 or SPF 50. It is gentle enough for sensitive skin and it is oil-free. A bonus! It's ELLE Approved. (Below)

Clinique Sun SPF 50 Face Cream

Clinique Supermoisture Moisture Makeup is a hydrating sheer tint that lacks SPF, and is allergy-tested and fragrance-free, so it shouldn't be irritating! (Below)

If you are feeling like giving SPF one more shot, try Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15. Yes, it has SPF, but Clinique IS fragrance-free and allergy-tested. So, it's worth a shot.

Supermoisture Makeup

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • banane
    • bee89
    • flamingcheeks
    • ran8