angelface1093

The Matching, The Cost, & The Burden

(0) Hearts

I bought the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in Bisque and I LOVED it. I was wanting to buy it in the foundation but realized I couldn't afford it financially. So I thought "Oh well. I'll try to match the same color to the drug store foundation.". I was SO wrong. It looked a bit like my Laura Mercier moisturizer  but when I tried it on it was totally wrong. It was had a pink/auburn tint to it. I tried other drug store foundations but they all had the same pink/auburn tint. I think I'll have to just find a less expensive foundation and matching concealer (which is also hard to personally find). Can you tell me why drug store foundation/concealer products are tinted in pink/auburn colors? And also if there is a brand you can match me with that is not costly? *SORRY THIS IS SO LONG*

thamerz

Re: The Matching, The Cost, & The Burden

(0) Hearts

Hi! I don't really trust drugstore makeup, so let me recommend a super cheap product! If you're looking to try a couple of small products, benefit's "Tan About Town" is a cute cheap little kit for only $10! I really recommend their products because they're good quality and not way too expensive. SInce makeup is going on your face, it's important to get good products. I understand Laura Mercier can be very expensive! Bareminerals also makes great foundation if you're willing to buy. 

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?categoryId=A17&id=P298803

If you REALLY wanna go for drugstore makeup however, my friend uses l'oreal's true match. You can find it at target and probably cvs or something. Her skin rarely has any problems and looks nice, so I guess I would recommend that too.

amandale

(0) Hearts

You can try going to an Ulta - they have testers of drugstore foundations out for you to look at. Bring a sample of your tinted moisturizer to match it side by side. Hope it works out for you :smileyhappy: 

prochristine

Hello!

Another option for you is to look into our SEPHORA COLLECTION product line because not only is it cost effective but the formulations are incredible as well. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION

Perfecting Cover Foundation $22
What it is:
A full-coverage foundation to create a flawlessly smooth effect. 

What it does:
This long-lasting foundation delivers an advanced definition complexion as it smoothes and perfects skin's appearance. Every skintone can create a virtually invisible look with one of its 12 shades. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens 
- Synthetic Fragrances. 

What else you need to know:
To smooth expression lines, this foundation contains peptides extracted from the seeds of hibiscus. For a long-lasting finish, micro-spherical powders absorb sebum. A moisturizing complex provides hydrating properties. This oil-free, non-comedogenic formula is tested under dermatological control.

SEPHORA COLLECTION

Perfecting Cover Concealer $16
What it is:
A longwearing, high-payoff concealer. 

What it does:
This highly pigmented concealer is ideal for hiding dark circles or any other skin imperfections. With a shade for every skin tone, its waterproof, oil-free formulation goes on weightlessly and smoothly, creating flawless, non-cakey coverage that lasts all day long. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens 
- Synthetic Fragrances 

What else you need to know:
This non-comedogenic formula will not clog pores and is dermatologically tested.

amy6434

(0) Hearts

Christine is right Seohora Collection rocks!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • amandale
    • prochristine
    • angelface1093
    • amy6434
    • thamerz