malday

The Glasses Thread!

[ Edited ]

So I know a lot of you ladies wear glasses and I just thought maybe we could share our framed faces and pass along tips for wearing makeup with wearing glasses!

I'll go first, I had to really dig through my phone for some pictures of me wearing my frames but here are a couple!

*Note: I am incapable of taking a "serious" picture while wearing glasses :smileytongue:

glasses1.JPG

glasses2.JPG

My makeup tip is to wear a bright lipstick to draw attention away from my giant glasses haha. Not a very good tip, but this thread is to discover new ones!

Edit: I actually have two pairs of glasses but these ones need prescription lenses still

image.jpg

BrennaBombshell

Re: The Glasses Thread!

20140306_173853.jpg

20140306_173418.jpg

And here's today's look but with glasses on. I posted without them on in the What are you wearing? Thread, but figured I'd post these here. Yucky picture quality, but ohhhh welllll. :smileyvery-happy:

maunakea

Just saw this thread... sorry, no pic yet, but I have square-ish black titanium frames with chevrons of different shades of pink across the temples... and, like someone before said, a prescription that makes my eyes look smaller...

I'm prolly a little older than some of you... so I tend to be a bit more moderate with my eye makeup, but what I find works for me is a bit the opposite of the 'conventional wisdom' about makeup-with-glasses. I try to brighten the eye area, especially the lid, the contour, and right under the eye, with a lighter-than-my-skintone pale neutral shadow. I wear liner on the top lid only -- medium blue or violet for my brown eyes -- and Blinc mascara, on upper and lower, which is about the only stuff that stays on and doesn't smudge on me. And I wear a concealer than brightens under my eyes as well. It looks all a bit too "pale" without the specs but once

they're on, my eyes look bigger and 'pop' more than they do with a darker eye makeup effect.

I find it's easier to apply lighter makeup anyway -- since I'm very nearsighted, I use a hand-mirror up close to my eyes, and the lighter shades are more forgiving of an imperfect application. Ditto using soft eyeliner pencils instead of liquid liners.

Like Maiday, I really go to town with lipstick. I think women of any age with bold frames can really rock a bright lipstick look! I wear reds or wines every day. It's not to distract from the frames, really, but just to add that pop of color I need to begin with -- I have pale skin and high-contrast salt & pepper hair.

Anyway, my 2c... hope it helps! Great to read all the tips here!

evilpinkrobot

I'm very nearsighted as well and have to apply makeup with a handheld mirror too. I have to use a pretty small one which I bet would make most women cringe. Haha! It's what I'm used to and it works for me. My brushes and liners are constantly hitting my mirror, but I don't mind. I bet application would be easier with contacts, but I recently tried a pair and hated them. I'm fine with wearing my glasses 24/7.

weeeeweeeeeee

My optometrist actually suggested that I do not wear glasses and wear contacts because the vision difference between my two eyes are so great that I will very likely get dizzy or uncomfortable from glasses. So I don't wear glasses with makeup, just sunglasses sometimes. 

BUT I still like to sanitize my sunglasses quite often because makeup tend to get stuck on it, in it and everywhere it may come in contact with my face. I like to take alcohol pads, the same type that hospitals and doctors use to clean an area for an injection with a needle, and wipe down the nosepads, the legs of the glasses and the frame where it comes in contact with the lens.

evilpinkrobot

You ladies all look awesome!

Here's a pic from yesterday with my brand spankin' new frames. I have a nice round, fat head and face, so I like small rectangular frames. The smaller and rectangular the better!

These frames are much different than what I've been wearing for the past fifteen years. They are much bolder and darker. For years I wore thin pink/purple frames which I adored, but after so many years, they went kaput! Until very recently, I wore thin red frames. Still getting used to these new ones.

I rarely get to wear makeup nowadays, but if I were keeping things simple, I'd make sure to fill in my brows, curl and mascara my lashes, and finish with a bright lip. If I had more time, I'd play up my eyes more, like bright colors and a thick cat eye so the makeup can be noticed behind the frames. Then I'd add a pop of blush and a nude lip.

IMG_5628.JPG

jozkid

Like the frames a lot. And you've got gorgeous skin BTW.

evilpinkrobot

Thank you! The frames are purple Raybans and the skin is mainly thanks to my concealer. I'm trying to work on improving my skin, been trying so many new products to find my HGs. 

jozkid

Mine are Raybans, too!

marydiva

hipster christmas card shtuff 031.JPG

These are my glasses. 

I apologize in advance for my disgusting tounge. XD 

I'm at school & this photo is the only one I have on hand. 

ANYWAY. I rarely wear my glasses for an embarrassing reason - without them, I can't see my flaws so I always feel really pretty looking into the mirror without them. :smileyhappy: 

LindenAnn

Flaws? What? I see no flaws, just fabulous hair. (sheesh, you and Kevin, you're gonna give us all a complex)

jozkid

(0) Hearts

Ah to be young again and look fabulous with my tongue hanging out! You are just the cutest thing, Mary!

jozkid

Here I am in my *man glasses.* FYI, these are my progressives for general wear. I have another pair for computer use. Groan....man glasses.jpg

LindenAnn

Those glasses look great on you, I love them. :smileyhappy:

jozkid

(0) Hearts

Thanks LindenAnn. My face is very wide, so I almost always have to get unisex glasses. These are actually pretty decent, though.

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

@quoti I will definetly check that out :smileyhappy:

lylysa

I remember you mentioning your light saber chops! Niiiiice!!!!!

BeautyJunkie325

[ Edited ]

Here's me in my glasses.  I have 3 different pair & these are my favorites. 

image.jpg

infinitise

I have the worst astigmatism and wearing glasses is wayy more comfortable and gives me a much better vision than if I wear contacts.. and plus if my eyes are swollen.... glasses are the best thing ever 

I make sure to curl the lashes because the glasses get cloudy, 

I don't have the bridge of the nose, so I don't wear much makeup where the glasses touch the face

I don't have a narrow face.. I wish I could fit into Tiffany glasses :smileysad: 안경.jpg

kbmatthews

I actually really like glasses. I wish I had a reason to wear them :smileytongue: You all look great! I swear, glasses just up the smart-is-attractive factor (at least, that's what I hear from many a menfolk)!

butterblume

I was so glad to read that other ladies here have the same problems with not being able to see when you put on make up! Lol, I can never use the bathroom mirror to do my make up because it's too far away for me to see, so I end up holding a mirror to my face and hitting the mirror with my brush half the time.

I have a weird nose which means my glasses are always having to be pushed up - they tend to slip down my face most the time. It's annoying.

This was taken maybe a month or 2 ago? I'd just bought the hourglass siren lip gloss and I was feeling sad that it didn't look as magical as it seemed in pictures and was showing my friend.

3.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 92 replies
  • 238 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • mberteig
    • ginger304
    • malday
    • marydiva