malday

The Glasses Thread!

[ Edited ]

So I know a lot of you ladies wear glasses and I just thought maybe we could share our framed faces and pass along tips for wearing makeup with wearing glasses!

I'll go first, I had to really dig through my phone for some pictures of me wearing my frames but here are a couple!

*Note: I am incapable of taking a "serious" picture while wearing glasses :smileytongue:

glasses1.JPG

glasses2.JPG

My makeup tip is to wear a bright lipstick to draw attention away from my giant glasses haha. Not a very good tip, but this thread is to discover new ones!

Edit: I actually have two pairs of glasses but these ones need prescription lenses still

image.jpg

malday

Re: The Glasses Thread!

(0) Hearts

My glasses always slowly slide down my face throughout the day too lol

MlleCC

We have the same nose!  Not having a high enough nose bridge makes my glasses slip down all the time and it makes me feel like the mean old librarian looking down her nose into her glasses and scaring all the children away. :smileysad:   

butterblume

I know! It is stupid. But we should put our hair up in buns and just totally embrace it...we'll call it the SEXY mean librarian look. :smileywink:

LindenAnn

Not as magical? I saw the picture before I finished reading your post and immediately thought "OMG what is she wearing?!? I neeeeed it!" Seriously, looks amazing on you. :smileyhappy:

butterblume

[ Edited ]

Haha! Thank you! I think Temptalia always raises my expectations unrealistically, I'm always a little sad when I buy things and they don't look as amazing on me as they do on her. She does have phenomenally naturally beautiful lips though!

I've noticed recently that if I put a red lipliner underneath the gloss it does look a lot more vivid. The formula is sensational though, soooo lustrous and smooth and not tacky at all. You do need it!

LindenAnn

Also I love your eyes. And hair. You're so pretty! Ok, I'm going to stop being creepy now. lol

butterblume

Thank you! So are you! Actually everyone in this thread rocks their glasses pretty awesomely. I'm super envious of the ladies who can pull off the big bold frames - I would looooove to be able to wear that look. It's such a statement piece but I always look really goofy when I try it :smileyvery-happy:

quotidianus

Ummmm... malday...

T-shirt.

Where did you find the a sugar skulled 1-up?  Please let me know.  I know someone that it would make entirely happy!

malday

(0) Hearts

It's from Think Geek! It was their Halloween 2013 T shirt, unfortunately that means they don't sell it anymore :smileysad:

ladymeag

I can't wear contacts, so I'm always wearing my glasses (see profile photo.) 

Mostly, I keep the color inside the frames - outside the frames is for neutrals and highlights and such, but not really so much for color. (I find, at least on my face with my frames that color outside the frames looks weird and over done. If the color is inside the frames, I can get away with some pretty outlandish makeup without looking nuts in the grocery store.) 

upload_7518268248935754917.jpg

I've had thinner frames but they aren't really all that flattering with a bolder overall look - the heavier frames really suit my style and typical makeup better. 

ginger304

love your glasses lecia1167..you have a great look.hair makeup accessories..the total package..and find me one girl who doesn't do the sweats no make up look when hanging out At home! as long as we are put together in public we can do what we want at home..

missabee

my glasses (new frames and prior frames). Admittedly, I don't have any makeup tips for us bespectacled folk. Only the (shared?) gripe of the shadow they sometimes cast upon my carefully placed liner, shadow, concealer, etc. 

glasses.jpgglasses-old.jpg

LariTheLoud

I'll have to actually wear makeup with my glasses sometime to participate in this!!! Most of the time I really dislike wearing foundation with my glasses because you always get those 'marks' on the sides of your nose where the frames sit... and pull off... your makeup. Ugh! I always cleaned off my glasses whenever I took my makeup off for the day because it kinda skewed me out.

But I do think if you don't want your eyes to get lost behind your frames, you should wear thicker eyeliner than you would without glasses. :-) You can get away with slightly darker and smokier looks in the daytime with glasses on.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

I know!!! I hate the foundation transfer from glasses too! 

malday

Ugh I hate when my makeup transfers onto my glasses lol. I like to keep my eyes neutral and bright with glasses because i don't want them looking any smaller than they do with my prescription lol

sn22

yeah, definitely don't love those marks on the side of the nose. I always get red there after wearing my glasses for a few hours.

miabt

My hair has grown out quite a bit from the fall, but I happened to find it on my phone & wanted to join the fun!  I completely splurged on the frames, but I figure its worth it because I'm so blind and I need to wear them pretty often!!

Hey Glasses

xo, Mia

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Such pretty frames! :smileyvery-happy:

sn22

I like your frames, they are totally worth the splurge. I am going shopping for new ones myself as soon as I get my next pay check! I have had the current ones for a while

miabt

Splurge!  If you have to wear em, might as well make sure you'll look fab in them!!

sn22

@malday I love your glasses.

24904_414562030399_5322331_n.jpg

I usually only wear eyeliner if I wear glasses.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 92 replies
  • 238 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • mberteig
    • ginger304
    • malday
    • marydiva
    • jasminee