malday

The Glasses Thread!

[ Edited ]

So I know a lot of you ladies wear glasses and I just thought maybe we could share our framed faces and pass along tips for wearing makeup with wearing glasses!

I'll go first, I had to really dig through my phone for some pictures of me wearing my frames but here are a couple!

*Note: I am incapable of taking a "serious" picture while wearing glasses :smileytongue:

glasses1.JPG

glasses2.JPG

My makeup tip is to wear a bright lipstick to draw attention away from my giant glasses haha. Not a very good tip, but this thread is to discover new ones!

Edit: I actually have two pairs of glasses but these ones need prescription lenses still

image.jpg

AKRinNY

Re: The Glasses Thread!

Well, it does go with everything... Except more purple! Seriously, tall purple boots, plus puffy purple down parka. I just look like a big ol' grape. That reminds me, I do have a purple patent leather purse. Thank goodness I haven't been using that recently. 

DiVWA

LOL .... I love purple too! :smileyhappy:

LindenAnn

Unfortunately my vision is so bad that by the time I get close enough to the mirror to actually see my eyes I can no longer fit my hand between my face and the mirror. So I usually just do a blind mascara application and go. >.>

BrennaBombshell

20140228_192302[1].jpgI hate wearing my glasses in photographs *sigh* But I just try and glam up my eyes as much as possible, and make sure my eyebrows look good. Sometimes I'll do a dramatic lip or flashy hairstyle to draw the attention away from the smelly glasses, but I'm blind without them, so what can ya do?20140228_163542[1].jpg Oh, and you can always have your cat photobomb you, that draws attention away. There SERIOUSLY needs to be a "rotate picture" option on the boards though.

malday

The pics show right side up on my phone! How weird

jenjendoitagain

"Oh, hi BT! Don't mind me, I'm just photo-bombing Brenna's pic!"-says your adorable cat!! :smileyvery-happy: So cute!

BrennaBombshell

He's a total camera addict. If he hears the shutter sound, he comes running over to pose. It's the cutest thing I think I've ever seen. :smileyvery-happy: And whenever I put my makeup on, he tries to get in on it. He's wrecked two separate eyeshadow palettes because he wants to look like a Lisa Frank cat.

Also, his name is Whisky D ick (which I'm spacing because I doubt highly I can put that word on here) and he has no tail. 

DiVWA

Your cat sounds adorable. I used to sell on eBay and had to always take a bunch of pictures of whatever item I was selling. When I got one of my cats, she had to get into every photo. It was annoying sometimes because I'd have a white towel spread onto the carpet, for posing my item on, and the cat would lie down in the middle of it the minute I turned away.

I could sometimes edit her out of the picture, but one time I just listed the pictures as taken, and someone commented to me about how funny it was to see this cat in every photo. In some photos, she'd just put her tail in from one side. LOL

BrennaBombshell

That's so awesome! My mom's cats are always trying to get in her eBay pictures too! Something makes me a little bit more inclined to make a purchase from someone if I see kitties in their pictures. :smileyvery-happy: I know if I take pictures with the shutter sound off, Whisky sits there and looks at me with his big sad eyes, like "Why, momma? Why would you sneak pictures without me?"

DiVWA

My tip is to go a little more bold with eyeshadow colors. Also wear eyeliner a little bit thicker.

butterblume

(0) Hearts

That is a great tip! I always got annoyed whenever I'd spend like 30 minutes on my eye make up then put on my glasses and they'd be barely noticeable. I'm going to try going bolder and more dramatic and see what happens!

DiVWA

[ Edited ]

Here I am. I need to get some new ones this year.

lecia1167

I like them. And your haircut is so cute!

DiVWA

Thank you! I loved it when I could wear contacts but my astigmatism plus older eyes have made this impossible now.

I've thought about getting thicker plastic color frames but I end up getting ones like this. Main reason is that I need nose pads. I have a small nose bridge so that plastic frames just slide down--worse than when I have frames with nose pads. It's annoying.

I will look again at the plastic frames when I go shopping for new glasses. I feel like the wire type look more dated. But I wore big plastic frames in the 1990s, so it's sort of like going back in time. LOL I wish I could wear the ones in style without them sliding down my nose.

jozkid

I need the nose pads because of a small bridge, too. It really is limiting sometimes. What makes it worse for me is that I've got a very wide face, so I have to buy unisex frames to fit me. I can't wear anything made specifically for women. Booooooo!

DiVWA

My face is a bit wide too, in shape but not size. So round shapes and some other shapes don't look right. That is too bad about being stuck on unisex frames though. Seems so unfair. I try to reason that maybe this is made up for in some positive attribute that maybe others lack. But still, I wish I wasn't stuck with nose pads too...

I do wear sunglasses that are plastic (no nose pads) but they do slide down a bit and I see makeup on the nose edges so this makes me not want to wear plastic frames for everyday daytime glasses. Likely the sliding down the nose makes more makeup transfer there too.

I'm hoping that I can find some eyeglasses that maybe have more of the plastic frame but with nose pads. Not sure if that exists but want to look anyway.

mafan

I've got the opposite problem -- my face is narrow.  And with a narrow face you get skinny glasses.  My last pair was smaller than standard size and with progressives I needed special lenses.  I hated them.  But I had to go up from a 48 to a 51 to even have a choice of glasses.

Now I've got big round glasses, but with wire rims.  And a light colored metal, because dark frames make my glasses show up long before the rest of me.  I swear I picked one of the most expensive frames.  It's a really lousy picture because I'm just not good at taking shots of myself, but you can see how big these are:

I'm just happy that I've got something big enough to read with properly without looking underneath them.  I've got a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses that I love that also have progressive lenses, and I just swap when I go outside (and we actually get some sunshine).  Between eyes that are often itchy from allergies and an astigmatism I never really was interested in contacts.  Now I don't care too much how my glasses look as long as I can see out of them!

katie1724

I love your glasses, and the glasses + red lipstick combination! I love my own, too, and I wish I wore them more often, but I need sunglasses so much that I normally stick to contacts. If I can ever invest in prescription sunglasses, I'll wear my glasses much more often. I can post a picture of them later (they're at home). 

malday

[ Edited ]

I'm the same way. I can't walk out of my house without sunglasses because I feel like im being blinded! I'll only wear my glasses out at night or if it's cloudy. 

MsStacey1990

I wear contacts. i despise wearing glasses x.x all the contacts i wear in the pics i post here are prescribed..youll never see me in glasses lol.. i just cant stand the way i look in them.. :smileyhappy:

jozkid

OMG! Wicked cute! :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 92 replies
  • 238 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • mberteig
    • ginger304