kissXmakeup

Tell us about your HG foundation!

Hello ladies & gents, 

For those of you that do not know what HG means, it means "holy grail". I had been on the hunt for my hg foundation for quite some time & have gone through a lot of different ones just to find my perfect match. I have found it!!! My winner is the Revlon Colorstay Whipped. It has a matte finish, it is very long lasting, I just wore it a couple of days ago for my College graduation & it lasted from 5 am to 1 am the next morning!! I wouldn't normally wear it that long, but needless to say it worked for me. I have slightly dry skin and a lot of redness on my cheek area. It covered my face beautifully and looks really smooth on the skin. 

I would like to know, what is your HG foundation & why! Please do share, I know a lot of us are always looking for ours or something better than our HG so this should help (:

DesertRose0706

Re: Tell us about your HG foundation!

(0) Hearts

I have tried many high end foundations, and have found that Estee Lauders Double Wear foundation is the best.  It is very long lasting, has no transer, stays matte all day and gives beautiful coverage without looking cakey.  The color selection is really good, and I have never found this foundation to oxidize or change colors on me.

jennypenny1995

Most definitely Lancome's Dual Finish.  A Sephora MUA recommended it to me about 2 years ago because it handles combo/oily skin well and has a huge shade range, especially for fair skinned like me.  I stopped using it for some reason, tried multiple liquid formulas (Even Better, Saty Matte, Tarte 12-Hour {will use in Winter for more coverage and when less oily}, YSL Touche Éclat, Lancôme Teinte Idole, and Perfectly Real), and still came back around to it because it doesnt cake or slide, doesn't settle in lines, lasts all day with no touching up, and isn't messy.  It feels weightless, too.

ashhay

I am a simple girl . So if I can get an all in one I am very happy. I love Clinique's even better liquid makeup because it is makeup that is good for problem skin. 

keiraleighxoxo

Dude to the fact that I am very pale (my nickname is "vampire") and my cheeks also get rather red, I was on the hunt for a full coverage foundation that didn't look cakey for a long time. My favorite drugstore foundation is they Maybelline mouse that comes in a bottle with a pump top, unfortunately the lightest shade is still too orangey and dark for my fair skin. I have been using the Make-up Forever HD Foundation for the past 3 or so years now and I don't think I will ever like a foundation better than that one. It is relatively expensive, but it is so worth it and usually lasts me for about four or five months. You really have complete control over the coverage which is nice. I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear this, regardless of the coverage level I have built up that day. It makes your skin dewy, but matte at the same time. There is a huge ranges of shades so I can almost guarantee that you can find a shade to perfectly mimic your natural skin coloring. It blends beautifully and is just really perfect all the way around. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this product and I recommend it to everyone. I just wish it was slightly less expensive! 

annonymous1

Im super fair, but my HG is Makeup forever HD Foundation. as someone who is fair i was using mac and i'd left looking super orange and eventually i went to sephora and the lady tried the HD Foundation out on me and i was in love, its like i think $50.00 but it literally lasts like 8 or 9 months no joke. 

ashleynne

Hearing everybody list their favorite foundation is a mix of happiness for you guys and then sadness for me. All my life because I'm EXTREMELY fair (paler than pale) I've had a hard time even finding a color that would come close to looking natural in foundation. Not to mention something that was full coverage, won't break me out, oil-control, and long lasting. I've found I always have to settle for less because let's face it, what foundation does everything you want it to? I'm happy to report within the last year I notice brands are now adding a lot more porcelain foundations to their line though. As I feel it's something in demand because it's not easy to find a match for people like me. But I'll always be on the search for that perfect foundation!

maddierose30

I love my Estee Lauder Double wear Light. For me this foundation is perfect for summer when I dont want something heavy, but still want enough coverage for my acne. It is light to medium coverage and looks natural while being long lasting and controlling my oil throughout the day. I LOVE IT!

mkupgk

Urban decay naked foundation. I've been using it for a month or 2 and am 1/4 way through

sephoralovex

Defiantly agree with beautylovingirl on the MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation. Been using it over 4 years now and it has been the only type of foundation I have purchased too many times to even keep up with anymore. Long lasting, stays on your face no matter what weather, and looks flawless =)

beautylovingirl

Mine is MAC studiofix powder foundation because no matter what season it never lets me down and always looks flawless.:smileyhappy:

prosopon

My current HG foundation is a combination of dr. Jart bb cream and bare minerals foundation.  With the both I am finding a medium coverage (when I have a light hand with the bare minerals) and it is just what I am looking for.

poemelyric

I wear Nars powder foundation with the tinted moisturizer.  It makes my skin look flawless and covers my hyperpigmentation.  Nars tends to have foundations that include more yellow base like my skin tone so it works great for me.  I used to love MUFE but it would oxidize and turn orangy on my skin so I went back to Nars.  But MUFE is really good too.

arielaaaaaaaa

The best Full coverage, non-cakey, long-lasting foundation i have come across is Airbrush. I have the Temptu Airbrush System and it is amazing. I'm currently between jobs so i don't have $55 a month for a foundation but i use it for those days i really need to look my best. My skin is super dry with a lot of acne scars so it was so frustrating finding a full coverage foundation that didn't emphasize dry spots. A close second HG foundation is Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation. Cheaper alternative, the tube last so much longer but after a few hours my face looks so dry. I found that adding a drop of Argan Oil to it helps tremendously, but it's no Airbrush!! 

lovelyred139

Right now I'm getting a lot of use out of Lancome's Teint Miracle foundation (shade 1N Ivoire).  The shade match isn't perfect -- I have to blend really well around my jaw to avoid an off-yellow line -- but it's pretty **bleep** close for the price (Bobbi Brown's Alabaster is perfect but expensive).  I love the finish and how lightweight it is.  It also hydrates pretty well, which even in the summer can be a concern for my normal/dry skin.  My skin's in pretty decent shape -- I just want something sheer to even out skin tone -- and this foundation does a really good job of that.

Between the Teint Miracle and my new finishing powder (BB Brightening Finishing Powder in Porcelain Pearl), my sister recently accused me of having "movie star skin".

katie1724

My HG foundation is NARS Sheer Glow purely because of the shade match! The formula is nice, too (it isn't the longest wearing, but it works for me). I rarely find a foundation match right out of the bottle, but Siberia is great. I also love that it's yellow-based -- it neutralizes the redness in my face when so many of the paler foundation shades are pink-based (and wind up looking orangey on me). Another one I love is Paul & Joe Light Cream Foundation, which is a very similar shade, but harder to find. I also like Kat von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation, but it's a bit more neutral-pink based than I prefer; it doesn't give me the uniform complexion that NARS does (it's an excellent foundation, though!).

runy

UD Naked has become my everyday foundation.  It's medium coverage, stays matte but not dry, and the best part is how comfortable it is.  I've worn it for 12 hours and I didn't want to claw my skin off.

For major events/parties or pics I use MUFE HD Liquid Foundation.  It's pretty flawless and I used it for my wedding.  The only thing is it gets a little oily in a few hours and it's not a everyday or long wear (comfort wise) one but good for special events.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • prosopon
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • ashhay