roxystar4

Tarte Blush Set

I think this set is so cute/cool. I wish Tarte would come out with another set like this. Maybe for the holidays or something? 

Tarte-Fantastic-Foursome-4-Piece-Amazonian-Clay-12-Hour-Blush-Enthusiast-Set.jpg

crayzeeRN

Re: Tarte Blush Set

I am about as pale as can be (NARS Siberia), and I wear some of the darkest shades in this line all the time. It's all about using a light hand! I usually tap (not sweep; these have tons of pigment) my blush brush in the pan, tap it on the back of my hand, and then apply and BLEND! :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

@mafan   If a blush has a lot of pigment I just use a stippling blush instead of a blush brush :smileyhappy:  I have a few blushes that are like HELLO if I use a blush brush and so I started using an ELF stippling brush I got for $3 at Target.  I use it for cheek stains too & its not a big deal if it gets stained cause it was only $3. 

Score big time on the lipsurgence sets!

crayzeeRN

I never thought about using my stippling brush for powdered blush, I'll have to experiment with that! NARS Sin is definitely one of those 'HELLO' shades you're referring to on me :smileyhappy:

The Real Technique's stippling brush is also pretty awesome- $10, but very frequently on sale. I know Ulta carries these brushes, not sure if other stores have them too.

roxystar4

I just directly dot it/gently jab on the top of  the blush (straight up & down).  I dont swipe across - i tend to pick up too much product if I swipe - which is ok if the blush isnt too pigmented.

lylysa

Stippling brushes are great and give almost the effect of a fan brush when applying blush, bronzer, or highlighter. You can also use them to blend out and apply liquid or cream foundations, similiar to a buffing brush as it gives a diffused look and minimizes brush strokes when used in a rotating manner.

crayzeeRN

I too am kicking myself for not getting this :smileysad: I can't get enough of Tarte's blushes! Currently have Tipsy, Frisky, Blissful, Natural Beauty and Achiote, but I still find myself eyeing up other shades in Sephora!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@crayzeeRN  Maybe they will come out with a set that has the blushes you dont have! 

crayzeeRN

I'd be all over that :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

Oh gosh, you have no idea how much I'm STILL kicking myself in the butt for not getting this around the holidays!!! >.<

Ahhhhhh!!!!!

roxystar4

@lylysa I see this set sometimes when I am just googling tarte stuff and I am like "whhhhhyyyy?!"   I hope they come out with another set. 

My imaginary set would include:

dollface

tipsy

charisma

blissful or natural beauty

1203.jpg

1206.jpg1460.jpg

1204.jpg

1202.jpg

lylysa

I know!!!!! I should have picked up a FEW sets actually, the kit broken up would have made some great stocking stuffer blushes!

Blissful is one of my faves, it's got a great balance for a punch of color whether you want to play up a look or go for something very subtle. Blushing Bride is another one of my faves, it's got a hint of golden shimmer and the berry shade looks gorgeous, especially on tan skin!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • AmyC
    • annonymous1
    • lylysa
    • mafan
    • roxystar4
    • crayzeeRN
    • momo
    • rikkie
    • Kiki1517
    • CzaCee
    • kimchikween
    • LindaDD
Photos7
  • Tarte-Fantastic-Foursome-4-Piece-Amazonian-Clay-12-Hour-Blush-Enthusiast-Set.jpg
  • 1203.jpg
  • 1206.jpg
  • 1460.jpg
  • 1204.jpg
  • 1202.jpg
  • a308464005c011e3910822000aeb0d9b_7.jpg