michmo

Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Colors?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I just ordered the Tarte BB tinted treatment.  After looking at swatches online and reading reviews, I bought the color light.  However, now I am second guessing myself wondering if it is going to be too dark and if I should have gone with the fair color.  

I'm fair/light with yellow undertones to my skin (dark hair and eyes).  In Laura Mercier TM I wear Nude.  Bare Minerals I'm either a combo of fairly light and light or golden fair, and too faced BB I'm the second shade vanilla glow.    

What do you think?

I'm attaching a picture of me but please excuse the shiny face.  

sephquest.jpg

michmo

Re: Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Colors?

(0) Hearts

Thank you both for calming my fears. Despite my love for make up I always have a huge fear of picking the wrong colors and looking like a clown.   I really appreciate your help!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

how did it work out?  

You look to be my shade possibly a little lighter between my friend and i. She is fair with pink undertones- so she wears anything with neutral or yellow. She wore fairly light and switched to golden fair in BE, i wear med beige and light in tarte bb tinted. She wore fair in tarte but found it too light for her. 

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I agree with mafan -- I use this product in Fair and I'm sheet white without my freckles, so Light will likely be the better match for you.  Tarte's face products in general tend to run fairly light in comparison to other brands.

mafan

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Unless the Tarte line runs really dark compared to other lines, I don't think you would be a Fair in any color.  Your color is similar to mine, and I need light and not fair.  (Even when a MUA thinks a lighter color might work, it doesn't when she actually tries it on me.)  Of course, looking at this photo I'd have guessed you to say that you had red undertones, not yellow, so maybe my screen isn't really accurate. 

Still, from the other things that you mention, I would guess that light will be a reasonable choice for you. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • mafan
    • lovelyred139
    • michmo
Photos1
  • sephquest.jpg