xalexandriax

TARTE Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 VS BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer SPF 30

(0) Hearts

Interested in both of these products but they are so similar, I don't know which one is worth the money, or what the difference is between these two products even are...

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

michmo

Re: TARTE Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 VS BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer SPF 30

(0) Hearts

Like the others I've used the BB Tinted Treatment Primer one.  I really liked it for the most part.  I found it looks way better when applied with a brush.  But for me, I have somewhat dry skin and it really does highlight that on me.  So I just don't feel like the finish did my skin any favors.  I've since switched to a Dr. Jart BB.  

If you have no dry areas, then it really is a good product.  It covers well, blends easily, and really does stay all day.  As the others have said it feels a lot like a primer, but that was all I used on my face for foundation.  

carolang

Re: TARTE Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 VS BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer SPF 30

(0) Hearts

I use the BB primer and it definitely lasts all day (combo - very oily T-zone). However when the normal parts of my skin get even the slightest bit dry it looks terrible. I try to moisturize heavily but nothing seems to help. I don't have that issue often enough to discontinue use though (for summer at least). I really enjoy the primer/silicone feel and it is quite light feeling but covers up my redness and acne scars quite well. I love the finish as well (satin-y). I have no comments on the TM but here as my two cents on the primer. If you have dry skin I would avoid this, though.

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I've used both products and love both, but prefer the BB because it's a closer shade match for me.  The BB has the feel of a primer -- very light, lots of slip -- and definitely lives up to its long-wearing claims (14 hr work days and still looked good!).  It's a good option if you want long wear, an even skin tone, and so-light-you-forget-it's-there texture.  As a fair gal I also really appreciate the SPF 30.  My only con for the product is that it tends to highlight dry, flaky skin.  When my skin type started changing to normal/dry, I really had to step up my moisturizing in order to use this without looking flaky.  It's also not a good option if primers tend to make you break out.

The TM is another great option for evening skin tone.  Because it has the Amazonian clay in it, it handles oily skin really well.  My sister has an oily skin type and she swears by this product.  It's a touch heavier than the BB but not by much and holds up through an average day on my face.  I'd highly recommend it over the BB if you have combination/oily skin or if the silicone content in the BB will make your skin angry.  Last I looked it was a few dollars more than the BB, but the packaging also contains more product as well (1 oz vs. 1.7 oz).

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

BB generally have more coverage than TM. The Tarte BB feels more creamy and primer-ish while the tinted moisturizer feels lighter.

I usually prefer a lighter coverage, but I've heard/seen multiple people on here raving about Tarte BB.

xalexandriax

(0) Hearts

help please!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • xalexandriax
    • lovelyred139
    • carolang