sydneyr

Switching from Clinique Even Better Foundation

I've been using Clinique Even Better Foundation in #16 Golden Yellow for about 8 months now (before that I used Studio Fix from Ulta and various MAC liquid foundations). I love the coverage that Even Better gives me, it's perfect. My problem is, as with most naysayers, the color matching. I want to find a more natural coloring and everyone has suggested Make Up Forever to me (I love their other products), however when I had my makeup done at Sephora I felt like there was less coverage than my Clinique makeup. I feel like this is the opposite of what I have read on Sephora's website, so I'm wondering if anyone has advice on where I should go from here?

Also, I currently use Lancome La Base Primer and Benefit Erase Paste Concealer for under eyes and spot treatment. I set with MUFE HD Powder.

beautylovingirl

Re: Switching from Clinique Even Better Foundation

(0) Hearts

Great suggestion Melissa! I love the Dior forever flawless foundation as well.

MissBex

(0) Hearts

I've been using that same Tarte foundation for about a year now. I have really great skin but it's prone to cystic acne and a lot of redness. A gal at one of the sephora stores recommended it to me and it's been life changing, the coverage is BEAUTIFUL and I can put on sheer or in laters as jennpenny said and it really does last. I bought mine in June of last year and just ran out this week. 

The amazonian clay pulls impurities to the surface so it actually helps my skin the more I wear it and it's nbever looked cakey or felt dry. Their concearlers are amazing too. p.s. the foundation is also very water-resistant/ waterproof. it's awesome.

melissabt

Hi Sydneyr-

I wear the same shade as you in the Even Better Foundation. If you do decide to give the Make Up Forever HD foundation you would be the shade 127 Dark Sand - for medium skin with yellow undertones. Try requesting a sample at your local Sephora Store. It has a good medium coverage finish!

You also might want to try the Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup in 030. One pump has amazing medium-full coverage.

dior flawless.jpg

<3 Melissa
Laurin88

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I used MakeUpForever matte foundation for 2 years. It's nice, but about 3 months ago I began using CLinique's products. They are healthier and better on your skin! I love the Even Better Foundation because it does have better coverage and it lasts way longer! I found out that the MUF oxidized to a darker color on my skin way more that clinique. MUF is a great product, but it did clog my pores and Clinique's Even Better Foundation is making me feel prettier when I don't even wear makeup!!! I believe it's making my face more glowy. So if you want my word, stay with clinique! You're doing your skin a favor!

Try going to the department store and having them color test your neck! Are you warm, cool, or neutral toned! Look at your veins. If you see blue youre cool, if you see greenish youre warm, if you see mixture like me youre neutral. Golden is warmed tone. So decide whether or not you have the right tone. Sometimes just changing the tone makes all the difference! I like to get a lighter color because my skin color varies by season and I can tweek it with bronzer. 

jennypenny1995

That's what I used, too.  Then, switched to their Stay Matte.  But, still...poor shade selection!  I used Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Even Finish Foundation and loved the coverage and shade selection but honestly switched off it because of the bad customer service I had gotten at their counters AND that they test on animals (as do all Estee Lauder lines, incl Clinique, I've learned).

So, I love the shades and coverage of Tarte's 12-Hour Foundation.  Buildable coverage that has great lasting power, no caking, and is cruelty-free.

sydneyr

(0) Hearts

Is this the one?

http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-12-hour-full-coverage-foundation-spf-15-P302918?skuId=1393370

I've been looking closely at Tarte. You said buildable coverage; do you find you have to use more product to achieve the same coverage as Clinique? With the increase in price I want to make sure I won't also be replenishing more often.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

No, it actually takes the size of a pea to cover very well on my entire face.  In saying its build able, I mean you can add additional layers if you need it without caking.  And, it's more volume of product, so you're spending less per ounce.  One tube will probably last me 1 year, I bet.

sydneyr

(0) Hearts

sounds like my dream come true! thank you SO much

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • jennypenny1995