maddierose30

Summer Foundation for Oily Skin

Hey guys! I'm 15 and have acne prone oily skin and am looking for a summer foundation. I have recently become more comfortable with my acne prone skin and want a summer foundation or bb cream which feels light and looks healthy, while controlling my oil and having a light to medium coverage.

I am currently using the garnier bb cream for oily combo skin, but the color is horrible on me. I am going to a 4 week summer dance intensive and want a foundation or bb cream which is easy to apply, but will stay on as I dance in the Austin, Texas heat! Thanks so much! 

MadisonComplex

Re: Summer Foundation for Oily Skin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex33wtqnNz8

Hey I saw this video and thought it might help to show just how great MUFE foundation is. I highly recommend it for acne problems!

beautylovingirl

I use MAC studiofix powder foundation and I never touch up. I recommended the MUFE Pro Finish, Nars and the Mat duo since their the top contenders in powder foundation, I just didn't mention MAC because Sephora doesn't sell it and I didn't know if you wanted to go outside Sephora to get it. Honestly with the description of your skin one of these powder foundations will probably be your HG foundation.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@maddierose- The Double Wear from Estee Lauder is such a heavy makeup . They have come up with so much more advanced formulas of powder foundation that feels just as light as liquid. I really think the other suggestions given would work a lot better remember you still want your skin to breath while wearing foundation.

maddierose30

(0) Hearts

Yeah I heard that double wear light was lighter coverage but maybe not. I think I should definitely try a powder foundation. Have you found that The powder foundation mentioned below last all day for you?

ayen85

(0) Hearts

I have the double wear light and its the only product that works for my sensitive,oily skin. i found that its something i can use for any time of the year...my skin is nowhere near perfect but if i have occasional breakouts i just cover it with my mac studio finish concealer.it doesnt slide or transfer and it doesnt feel heavy unlike the double wear...it also looks great on photos which is also a plus! Just set it with powder and you're good to go!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

That should say "Dual Finish"!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

3 tips: Lancome's Dual Finflu powder foundation (very lightweight, buildable coverage), Tarte's 12-Hour foundation (waterproof, tad more coverage), and Lisa Eldridge's video on selecting a foundation for combo/oily skin.  She names the brands & formulas of foundation that pass her test for looking good.  There you go!

maddierose30

(0) Hearts

Great Thanks!

maddierose30

(0) Hearts

I might have to try powder! Have you heard anything about Estee Lauder double wear light?

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

The best thing that you could do is to take a powder powder foundation with you so it will stay on during the dancing and the heat while helping to control your oil. Go with the Nars powder foundation, MUFE's Pro finish or  MUFE's Mat Duo. Use a mattifying primer first like Givenchy's Mister Mat or Korres  Mattifying  primer then apply your foundation and either set with a setting spray light Urban Decays, MUFE, or use a light setting powder like the one from MUFE and only use what is left in the lid to set your makeup and you'll be good to go. A BB cream or light foundation will never last through all that dance and heat. Hope this helps!

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

Have you looked at Smashbox?  They have some pretty good BB and CC creams.  The only reason why I returned mine is because the color didn't fit my complexion.  They don't have a real big option for darker complextions but the little I did use was really good.  The CC creams also helps with hyperpigmentation so it helps lighten acne scars.  I ended up switching to the NARS tinted moisturizer which does the same thing and doesn't make my oily skin look even oilier. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • poemelyric
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • ayen85
    • maddierose30
    • MadisonComplex