t0ughco0kie28

Stippling brush-mac187

[ Edited ]

Is a stippling brush better for foundation and bb creams than my regular flat foundation brush (In terms of coverage) I have quite a few scars from acne and would love it if a stippling brush offers more natural coverage...

mac 187 worth the splurge?

lylysa

Re: Stippling brush-mac187

(0) Hearts

Like others have mentioned, stippling brushes will give more of a softer, diffused look to skin, not a dense, full coverage look due to the fact of the variation in bristles not delivering and depositing a higher impact of product and pigment.

It's great to buff down and give a more natural "airbrushed" appearance because the chances for visible brush streaks/strokes are diminished since you're constantly rotating the brush in a buffing motion to apply your complexion product.

If you're curious to try a stippling brush, the one Bananachoo and Ellevee mentioned are good (Real Techniques), E.L.F.'s Studio line also has a stippling brush for $3, and Too Faced makes a stippling brush as well that's cheaper than the MAC brush.

This brush can be beneficial for your skin type because it won't overload too much product, but if you're looking for it to build coverage you might use one in conjunction with your foundation brush to play with the overall finished look. Apply your product with a traditional foundation brush to build a good base of product then use the stippling brush to blend and soften things down so your look is more natural.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I think it depends on the bb cream. i personally use to hate using my fingers, which i don't for fdn but i find it makes the smoothest finish and most coverage for bbs. If you want a more natural finish you can use a stippling brush but for fuller cvg you want a flat top brush. 

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

Stippling brush will give your face an airbrush look to it. I currently own the Mac 187 as well as Real Technique Stippling brush. Both are great brushes but the Real Technique one is a lot cheaper and good quality as well. A flat top brush will give you a fuller coverage. For more of a natural look, stippling brush will work.

ellevee09

(0) Hearts
Look into Real Techniques makeup brushes. You can find them at ULTA. i own many MAC brushes and these really measure up. The stippling brush is BOMB! Actually the whole collection is super good! But the stippling one is my favorite. Plus the price of brushes are awesome too. Very affordable. So win win! :smileyhappy:
sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

A stippling brush actually sheers out your foundation/TM/BB cream etc because it really pushes the product into your skin, making it look natural. I get the most coverage when I use either my fingers or my real techniques expert face brush.

swanbeauty

I know this is not a stippling brush, but Sephora's Classic Mineral Powder Brush #45 is the best brush ever for foundation.  I know it says it is for Mineral Powder, and I was TOTALLY skeptical when the sales associate suggested it.  But, he was totally right.  It is synthetic, so you can use it with any foundation.  Soft, so it feels good, and it works like a dream due to the density of the bristles.  LOVE.swfupload_7933539009724919835.jpg

kd006

A stippling brush would not provide much coverage at all. The hairs are not very dense, therefore giving you a more natural appearance. If you want a great brush that is the same shape, look at the sigma F80. It's about half the price and provides more coverage. Any of the sigmax brushes are good quality and their costumer service is great. I had a problem with one of my brushes shedding and they sent me a new brush immediately and apologized for the inconvenience. Now my new brush doesn't shed!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • aviscardi
    • t0ughco0kie28
    • lylysa
    • swanbeauty
    • ellevee09