crayzeeRN

Silicone free foundation, BB cream, Tinted Moisturizer?

I need some help, ladies. I've been having a lot of trouble with my skin lately, and have noticed the more I've used foundation in the last year or so, the more I've needed foundation to cover up blemishes. Foundation and certain primers seem to be the culprit. After a process of elimination, I'm pretty sure silicone is the culprit.

Trying to find a silicone free foundation, BB cream or TM is proving pretty difficult. Do you guys have any suggestions?

crayzeeRN

Re: Silicone free foundation, BB cream, Tinted Moisturizer?

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the replies ladies :smileyhappy: This post is almost two months old, can't believe someone found it!

I have oily skin that is quite sensitive, combined with a large list of allergies. What strikes me the oddest with my makeup routine is that I have used foundation for years and only recently have I been breaking out every single time I apply foundations that previously caused no problems.

happfish, I have tried letting my skin breathe, as you suggested, and my skin does improve after a couple of days. But as soon as I apply foundation again, the problem immediately comes back. I get pretty much zero sun- I am a night shift nurse!

My skin has changed a lot in the last few months, and I'm still trying to figure out exactly why. After talking with a coworker last night, we're both suspicious it may be due to the hormonal birth control that I took for years- and have been not taking for about a year now may have finally completely cleared my system a couple months ago. The acne I've been getting lately does remind me of my pre-BC acne vs the acne I would get while taking the BC. BC can make your hormones be off-balance for a long time after you stop taking them (I didn't get my first period for almost 4 months after stopping them). But anyway- two days ago started taking the BC again so I'm hoping that will help.

I've added salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide into my skin care regimen and they are helping; tea tree oil worked like magic the entire time I was on BC, but recently stopped being as effective. I also found that Laura Mercier makes a couple of silicone and paraben free foundations and have been getting good results!

happyfish

(0) Hearts

Your skin just needs to breath. If you can keep it clean and dry for few days without using any foundation/primer/TM, and stay away from direct sun by wearing a hat, I am sure you will see a difference.

Many years ago I had very bad blemishes, oily skin, and big pores on my face. The pores got smaller and the blemishes disappear after my aunt (who is a skin doctor) told me to stop using too many foundation and skin care product on my face. They were all too rich for my skin and was messing up the ph balance of my skin. So just keep your skin care product to two or less. 

As I am going through the ingredients of all my bb cream and TM, none of them says that they contain any silicone. Is there another name for that ingredient?   The bb cream and the TM brand I have are Sisley-Paris bb and TM and foundation, Shiseido's bb cream, Trish McEvoy's TM, La Mer TM.  I also have foundation from makeup forever, but not sure about there ingredient. 

If you still want to try a foundation, maybe you can try Bare Minerals stuff. According to them they use nothing except minerals, therefore I assume they are silicone free.

Hope this helps.

mxcx

(0) Hearts

What kind of skin do you have, and what kind of coverage are you looking for? And also, have you tried mineral foundation?

liliyesteves

(0) Hearts

okay. im not sure if the ones i have are silicone free but for me they are amazing, and i have really sensitive skin. the first is called no foundation by perricone md. which is a doctors brand. its really good for correcting uneven skin, it doesnt have alot of color but its enough. the next product is skin perfect cc cream by sephora. it also is very good, one of the popular ones at my sephora store. it has a right amount of color and coverage. i sometimes use both, the doctors one is my most active sensitive areas and the sephora one for my whole face. i also recommend clearasil rapid action seal-to-clear gel. this is not on the sephora website but you can get it at your nearest drug store. it is amazing on skin that acts out and breaks out quicky. hope it helps, feel free to message me 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • crayzeeRN
    • mxcx
    • happyfish
    • liliyesteves