krissynita

Silicone-based Primer?

(0) Hearts

I have been watching makeup artist tutorials and recently learned that a silicone-based primer (along with a silicone-based foundation) gives the best, longest-lasting coverage plus a dewey face look. 

So far, I am having a hard time finding a silicone-based primer with exception of Givenchy's Mat primer...are there any other options?

I use (and love) Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo foundation, which is silicone based but the primer from the same line is silicone free so I doubt it will give the effect I want. (not sure why the line would have a water-based foundation with a silicone based foundation...)

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

P.S. I have very dry skin so a 'dewey' finish is not easy to obtain/maintain for me! 

XO

makeupnewbie123

Re: Silicone-based Primer?

(0) Hearts

You should try the Primed & Poreless primer from Too Faced cosmetics, im not 100% sure, but it feels as if it does have silicone. Along with La Base from Lancome, i also suggest trying out Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer.

kstrat

I believe that the tarte clean slate primers as well as the smash box photo finish primers are silicone based. 

krissynita

(0) Hearts

I will definitely check those out -- thank you!!

beautylovingirl

I can give you a couple of suggestions for you to check out:

1. HD microperfecting primer has silicone in it

2. I know not everyone loves this but I do, the bare minerals prime time primer also silicone.

3. Lancome La Base Pro perfecting primer also has silicone.

Hope this helps!

krissynita

(0) Hearts

Great suggestions! Thank you!!!

krissynita

(0) Hearts

I meant to say water-based *primer* with a silicone based foundation...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • makeupnewbie123
    • krissynita
    • kstrat
    • beautylovingirl