lyravega

Should i keep my foundations in the fridge?

(0) Hearts

I have a lot of foundations, and of course I don't use all of them all the time. Should I keep them in the fridge so they don't go "bad"? Or they'll be ok on a room temp?

Katty2323

Re: Should i keep my foundations in the fridge?

(0) Hearts

I've heard of nailpolish and some face creams being kept in the fridge but never foundation.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

No way! :smileyvery-happy:

They're not going to be bad at room temperature.

The only products that should be living in your fridge are those with active ingredients that degrade quickly- or those designed to be kept in the fridge.

The only thing in my fridge is a bunch of Lush products.

lyravega

(0) Hearts

:smileyvery-happy:

Yep, that's what I thought... But all those "experts" managed to confuse me, so I had to ask here...

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

Usually keeping something in the fridge to make it last longer is mostly only for food hehe ^_^ I think putting a foundation in the fridge could have a negative effect on it like sephoramusthave said, it could make the foundation separate and be un mixable again (some products does that) or it could have no effect at all on the foundation. But I think that keeping it at room temperature is completely fine! Good luck with that (:

lyravega

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I know it's funny. You never heard of people doing it? I've seen and heard so many people saying they keep their foundations, face creams, moisturizers, lotions.... stuff like that - in the fridge! So many so called beauty "gurus" do this as well. I wasn't sure about it. So I decided to ask here. But obviously nobody even heard about it here :smileyhappy: So, yep, it's funny :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

As long as they aren't expired, they should be okay at room temp. The cold might change the formula of the foundations.

lyravega

(0) Hearts

Thanks! There was a foundation that I absolutely loved, and then they discontinued it. I managed to find two bottles of it, and I know I'm not gonna use them for a while ( because I still have pretty much in the bottle I still use )... Should I leave those on a room temp as well?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • lyravega
    • starletta8
    • Katty2323
    • LuckyWinter