Soliria

Should foundation and powder be the same brand for best results?

I'm looking to throw all my old makeup away that my mom gave me because she didn't really use it. I want to get all new makeup and start over fresh.

So should my makeup be all the same brand for best results?

Titian06

Re: Should foundation and powder be the same brand for best results?

(0) Hearts

Hi, @Soliria !  You definitely do not have to buy all the same brand!  You should choose your make-up and skin care by what works best for you, i.e., if that means each item is from a different brand, so be it.

My primer, foundation, and setting powder are all different brands, not to mention eye primer, eyeshadows, eyeliner, lipstick, and blush (OK, some of my blushes and eyeshadows are from the same brand!).  My moisturizers, cleansers, and acne treatments are all different brands.  I use what colors I like and what products work for me.  I do not feel an obligation to pick a brand and stick with it.

immichaeld

(0) Hearts

I used to only stick with one brand thinking that because I am using only one brand but different products within the line, I will get the best results... however, once I ventured out onto exploring new brands and mix and matching products, I was definitely wrong. 

One brand simply cannot have all the products that will target what you want. Hence the reason for the multitude of brands in this world. Ultimately, it comes down to what Diana said, "the key is to find what works BEST for your skin type". 

In addition, why only limit yourself to one brand?! Makeup and skincare is fascinating; it is definitely a rollercoaster ride when searching for products, thus, it is fun to play around and try different products. That's why there's the saying, "you never know unless you try". 

Lastly, because Sephora is the best store ever, go get samples, see what you like and dislike! You never have to commit to a product in Sephora, they want to make sure that you absolutely love it before you buy it, that is why it is such a joy to shop there!

Michael, xo

andyhtrieu

Not all the products from the same brand will be amazing. For example, the YSL foundation might work well for you, but the concealer or blush might not. As Diana said, it's ok to mix and match different brands. 

dianabt

Hi Soliria, 

You can actually use ANY brands mixed and matched together. :smileyhappy: Some brands DO work nicely when you use the same powder and foundation but I like to use a ton of different liquid foundations and my favorite Sephora Brand Microsmooth powder with all of them :smileyhappy:

The key is to find what works BEST for your skin type, what you want and most importantly, the right color! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • Titian06
    • andyhtrieu
    • immichaeld
    • Soliria