Rainyma

Shiny face!

(0) Hearts

So I've been using Laura Mercier's oil free tinted moisturizer for probably a year and a half now but for some reason my face has decided to just be shiney instead of looking nice. I've used tarte's smooth operator and a mac pressed powder to set it but it ends up looking melty in two hours.

Any suggestions as to what I could use?

valentinamia

Re: Shiny face!

(0) Hearts

Try Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinish Powder and/or a setting spray like Urban Decay's De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray! I have been using both products for a long time now because I suffer from the same problem and they work amazingly.

Happy hunting!

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Try using a mattifying primer like Givenchy's Mister Mat, that should help!

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

I live in Florida lol so i understand about shiney..I find that no matter what primer I use i will end up shiny i have to use a setting spray...and a lot of it..i spray on a lot till my face is actually damp then I sit and let it dry before going out :smileyhappy:

maltipoo66

Hi!  Are you using a primer underneath the tinted moisturizer?  Using an oil controlling primer, or just a regular primer will help to prevent it from looking shiny and make it last much longer.  I personally use Hourglass's Mineral Veil Primer under Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, and it lasts all day.  Also, I've found patting on powder with a powder puff and pressing it into the skin really helps the staying powder of a tinted moisturizer, rather than just swiping powder over the face.  Hope that helps!

Rainyma

(0) Hearts

I actually use the exact same primer! I usually just brush on the powder but I will for sure try that, Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • maltipoo66
    • beautylovingirl
    • Rainyma
    • JGSFLA
    • valentinamia