KrisSoileau6

Sheer to light coverage foundation

(0) Hearts

Hello all, I've recently been using the Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector. It's a radiating primer that sort of minimizes a fair amount of any redness in my skin. Though, I do have some acne scarring on my cheek bones and chin, I don't need something like a concealer since it's really more of a tint of pink/red. I also don't like having too many makeup products, which leads me to... Can someone recommend me a sheer to light coverage powder (loose or pressed, doesn't matter). Doesn't need to only be sold at sephora, but please- no drugstore. 

Thank you! xx 

kimchikween

Re: Sheer to light coverage foundation

I just recently fell in love with Smashbox's Halo Hydrating Powder - Pros:

• The packaging is great: you just twist to shave off just what you need (no mess of usual loose powder tubs)
  • Used alone, gives a night sheer to light, near flawless coverage

Main Con - It's not as portable as pressed powders for those mid-day touch-ups.  

If you go liquid, though, BB/CC creams are the way to go.  Dr. Jart makes the best ones that you can get most anywhere.  THE best BB creams you can only get at specialty stores that sell Asian brands - pretty & cute is one place to get them.  Smashbox's new CC cream is also great.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Benefit's Hello Flawless is wonderful as a light to full coverage powder (can be used as a touch up/finishing powder or a full foundation) and comes with two forms of application (a thin, flat brush for sheer application and a sponge for fuller/denser coverage).

swfupload_4804719226642243831.jpg

It sits beautifully on skin, looks natural, and is a very smooth formula!

Urban Decay's Naked Skin powder is also a light weight formula that gives a natural, subtle appearance to skin:

swfupload_705736811840989052.jpg

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I've been told that the Marc Jacobs Super Charged Foundation has sheer to medium coverage. I also love BB creams for their light coverage, and "no makeup makeup" feeling and finish. My favorite BB cream is the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • KrisSoileau6
    • glossyguru
    • kimchikween
Photos2
  • swfupload_4804719226642243831.jpg
  • swfupload_705736811840989052.jpg