lala13

Search for Perfect Powder

I've used MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural for as long as I can remember to set my foundation. So of course since it is one of those Holy grail products they just had to go and change the formula on us. The reason I loved that powder so much is because it was so fine & smooth & never looked cake, but also because it gave me just the lightest hint of color i needed to top my foundation. Ive tried all the white setting powders and i love those to set my under eye area, but not my entire face because it leaves a very noticeable white cast in pictures. Also i do have very oily skin mainly in my T zone area and that powder did a great job of keeping me matte and flawless looking all day.....So here I am in desperate need of a new face powder to set my foundation that is comparable to MAC's MSF Natural.....HELP ME!!!!!!

RandeeBT

Re: Search for Perfect Powder

(0) Hearts

Hi lala13!

I recommend trying Sephora Collection's Microsmooth Baked Foundation Face Powder. This face powder offers a small amount of coverage, while still being lightweight and it is perfect for setting liquid foundation. 

Another great powder for setting foundation is Marc Jacob's Perfection Powder Featherweight Foundation. It is extremely finely milled and always looks very natural on the skin. 

Best,
Randee
crayzeeRN

Hey Randee! Have you tried using the Sephora Microsmooth as a foundation as well? This made it to my loves list recently, but I'm definitely interested in it as a foundation rather than a finishing powder, do you know if the coverage is buildable up to about a light/medium coverage?

callmefafi

(0) Hearts

I use MAC's Studio Fix Pressed Powder Foundation and it works for me.  I have very oily and acne-prone skin, so it's the only thing that keeps me as matte as I possibly can be.  I use it as foundation and use Urban Decay's De-Slick Mattifying powder as a setting powder.  I've tried MAC's Studio Tech and NARS Sheer Matte liquid foundations but also go back to MAC Studio Fix.  Maybe you got a bad package or need to switch to something other than the MSF. 

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

You can try Ben Nye's Luxury Powder. It's a loose powder that sets makeup beautifully. It makes your skin really soft. The banana shade is the most popular because it can be used to slightly adjust your foundation shade if it's too neutral. It can also be used on darker skin tones and it won't look ashy. Some people use this powder to brighten under the eyes.

You can find his powder at camerareadycosmetics

ayen85

(0) Hearts

I have the old MSF but to be honest its not my favorite powder for setting foundation but i do find it effective in setting my undereye concealer. i have a vy oily t zone in the summer and i have found the DIORSkin forever pressed powder phenomenal on setting my foundation and controlling my oilies through the day.i hardly retouch my makeup with this product.it does not give a flat matte finish,more like a natural glow to the face.  i hoard setting and finishing powders and this is by far my favorite!

RandeeBT

Hi crayzeeRN,

I have used the Microsmooth Baked Foundation Face Powder on it's own before and it has nice coverage! I would describe the coverage as light to medium. I like to put a little concealer on underneath it and it looks extremely natural. :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Awesome thank you! Now I just need to go in store to check a color match :smileyhappy:

nikki

(0) Hearts

When did they change the formula? I have my skinfinish in medium that I love from a year ago, and I still love it. What's the difference between the new and old formula?

I use pressed powders to give color and tone down blush/bronzer/etc. I use loose powders to set my foundation on my oily skin. If you were willing to try a loose powder, Bare Minerals Illuminating powder has color, and is great for setting foundation and making foundation looking less cakey and flawless, and didn't emphasize pores. My second choice for loose powders is Clinique's powder. It helps a lot with shine and has color to tone down any redness in my skin. 

http://www.sephora.com/mineral-veil-P61004

http://www.sephora.com/blended-face-powder-brush-P122668?skuId=51532

WoogieMUA

I thought they just changed the packaging and not the actual product. If they did I'll be sad bc that's the only face product from them i can wear without turning into pizza face. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • nikki
    • lala13
    • crayzeeRN
    • ayen85
    • callmefafi
    • andyhtrieu