SydneySydney

SIGMA PRICE INCREASE?

Has anyone else notice Sigma really hiked up the prices? Wowza, Just the other day I almost purchased the Sigmax Kabuki Kit with 5 brushes. It was priced at $84 on July 2nd. However today- July 4th, I come back to the website to see now the same set is $96! What???

And looking at all the brushes... I believe they've all increased at least a buck or few.

Sigma went from being a low cost alternative to MAC brush dupes to expensive in themselves.

PS, I know they have all those 10% off codes, but still- they raised the price tag 12 bucks. Sad day. I thought July 4th was all about awesome deals :smileysad:

kellsmuneoka

Re: SIGMA PRICE INCREASE?

(0) Hearts

Hmm price increase but quality decrease? 

tumblr_lbez82CYJf1qbz8aro1_r1_500.gif

annypoo

(0) Hearts

I remember the sigmax kabuki set use to be fifty-something dollars and the mrs bunny travel set use to be forty-something dollars. They've doubled in price and it's crazy! I'm going to stick to real technique brushes; they're my favorite.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I remember seeing the 10% code not listed on a video last month. It was like $10 or 10% off $100 order. I forget. But I'm glad I'm not purchasing them anymore. I think the quality is just not there any more and while it was fine as a beginner im starting to replace mine with higher end. 

sapphireslove

(0) Hearts

yeah! even the sigma F80 went from $21 to $24 and the F05 went from $18 to $21 so thats a sad hike in prices! and sigma probably thought people might not notice... :smileysad:

denisers

I saw this too! Had some brushes in my cart and was waiting for 4th of July to purchase, ....in case they had a special going on, and instead I find that my total as higher than it initially was. I might as we'll be purchasing Mac brushes. This is the third time I personally can recall, the prices of these brushes going up. It's getting ridiculous..I personally don't think it's fair they give away free make up brush kits to all there YouTube gurus and then increase the price to all the customers. 

SydneySydney

(0) Hearts

Right?!? I'm sure they've given away hundreds of sets to you tubers who will put in a good word! But- on the upside there is a fab German brand called Zoeva. I ordered a set not too long ago and brush for brush its wayyy cheaper than sigma! I was definately wary before I purchased because I couldn't find many reviews I could read (most were in German) and so I didnt really know what i was getting myself into but I took the plunge anyway and I'm so happy I did! I've only had the set for week now but they really are good quality! Ultra soft and no shedding thus far! I got the luxe complete set plus the 109 face paint (think nars ita brush but 10x better!) and I woulrecommend them to anyone! 

Shipping is costs an arm and a leg at 16... $18? But it got here a day faster than an order placed through sephora! And I ordered using the cheapest shipping & sephoras 3 day.

But it really is too bad sigma is raising prices, I've been eyeing that sigmax kabuki set for ages :smileysad:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I have a round top I'd be willing to trade if anyone is interested just PM me. I use my beauty blender daily and I have the flat versions / angled I prefer 

andyhtrieu

Sigma is getting ridiculous. The owner is total -bleep- and all she cares about is money. The price is way too high for it's mediocre quality. 

friedrice

(0) Hearts

that is why I am not buying anymore brushes from Sigma! :smileymad: 

Andyhttrieu, do you know about the Bdellium brushes? Or any brush set you can recommend?

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I've heard about Bdellium, but I haven't tried any of their brushes. You can also look into Royal & Langnikel. Those are more popular to makeup artists than MAC brushes. People like the silk pro line The most

friedrice

(0) Hearts

Thank you!!! :smileyhappy: 

SydneySydney

(0) Hearts

I think real technique brushes are great for the price and have quality bristlands itch great softness and minimal shedding- however I personally am not a big fan of the bulky, thick, hard-to-store handles. And the fact that some are purple, some pink and some orange And they don't match drives me slightly nuts but maybe that's just my OCD kicking in, ha! but overall very beautiful brushes. But I prefer zoeva to real techniques and sigma! 

friedrice

(0) Hearts

Wow! I'm looking at the Zoeva now and they look very nice! Thank you for sharing this info! :smileyhappy: 

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I hate Zoeva because I don't want to pay $18 for shipping... :smileyvery-happy:

and I also hate the brush handles to Real Techniques because some dont fit in brush rolls

friedrice

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

wow! that is crazy! I was gonna buy the Travel brush set today that used to be $75 and now it is $86??

\ ( 'O' ) /

no+_4208da70c9e8e18ac55cb7bee88aea82.jpg

SydneySydney

I know friedrice :smileysad: but if you still want some good brushes I'd seriously check out zoeva! I rambled down below in response to Denise, iif you're interested! :smileyhappy:  and lol! Love Sheldon! Gets my goat every time! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • friedrice
    • aviscardi
    • kellsmuneoka
    • annypoo
    • denisers
    • andyhtrieu