beauty4ashes

SHISEIDO Foundation Brush ITEM # 1364009 Question

(0) Hearts

I ordered the SHISEIDO Foundation Brush ITEM # 1364009.

I liked the description."What it is:

A versatile foundation brush for use with all formulations.

If anyone owns this brush, will you please confirm what I read on two separate Sephora reviews. 

"In the fine print on the package it says to "avoid using with water resistant foundations". I use Make Up forever HD and it clumps as soon as I use it and a daily brush cleaner does not work. It takes 4 good washes to get it clean but it works so well the first time after you wash it. I will keep it if I decide to change foundations because it is very nice when it is clean."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Note, that the brush does come with instructions. You're not supposed to use a swirling motion for most of the application process. The leaflet explains to use a dabbing and pressing motion for most of your face and a swirling for the lighter application along the sides."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the brush is sounding more like a stippling brush.

How are you using it?

I bought it because it looked like a small flat top dense buffing type brush. Also, top reviews said it was SOFT which is very important.

starsandbucks

Re: SHISEIDO Foundation Brush ITEM # 1364009 Question

Hmmm I have this brush as well and it's really nice. I do buff quite a bit with it. I have to admit that while I did read the instructions I didn't really pay attention to them and just did what felt natural to me. I've always gotten a very nice result buffing!

I wouldn't really describe it as "soft" though, because it's so dense. I mean, it's not scratchy or uncomfortable on your face. I just mean it's not soft in the the sense that the bristles don't collapse when you're using it because they're not superfine/baby soft. Does that make sense? Anyway, it's a nice brush and I hope you like! If nothing else it's nice to hold on to for travel purposes!

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

A dense brush that doesn't collapse is what I want. :smileyhappy:
Brushes that are too soft collapse & flair out.

blackkitty2014

I do have the shiseido brush. I love it though I dont use it often now. Not that I don't love it but I found a bigger version of it (Koyudo fu-pa03) which is double the size. Stippling is the best I think. There is a video of how to use it on Shiseido website. I agree with you about washing. It is such a beep to wash it.  If you wash it with soap bar or solid shampoo, it'd be easier and a bit faster.  Hope that help.

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

The video does show stippling...even with powders! 

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

Oh, the brush hasn't arrived yet.

Those were quotes from reviews.

I was looking for a very gentle buffing brush because I use stippling brushes.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • beauty4ashes
    • starsandbucks
    • blackkitty2014