ntailor

Redness - primer

I am looking for a product that helps cover redness on my face prior to applying foundation.  What products are good for that?

elnxio

Re: Redness - primer

(0) Hearts

I've found that green-tinted primers dont do a very good job at counteracting the red on my face, but my face has really really red blotches everywhere. MUFE's green primer was a decent primer, but the green did nothing for my face. Smashbox did a slightly better job with the red, but clogged my pores. Instead, I use a green concealer (Physician's Formula stick) after my primer and before my foundation. 

beautyguide

I love hourglass, the primer mineral veil.  It reduces redness and applied easily and feels like silk (notheavy).  It is waterproof as well and a little goes a long way!

http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1074442-main-hero.jpg

Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

MUFE also has correcting primers you should check out. Hope this helps!

babybear04

(0) Hearts

Hi ntailor,

I recommend Smashbox's Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundatin Primer in Color Adjust - green.  The green neutralizes the red in skin, so it should help cover/minimize your redness.

Smashbox - Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer

http://www.sephora.com/photo-finish-color-correcting-foundation-primer-P78811?skuId=1350032

I also really like this primer due to it's silky smooth feeling and wearability--it lasts pretty long on skin, wears well under foundation, and helps to conceal the look of pores.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

lylysa

Check out green tinted primers such as ones from Smashbox or MUFE.

Lorac also has an oil-free neutralizer than can be mixed with foundation or worn on top of primer/before foundation, the yellow tint knocks out redness. Clinique also has a powder that works like this as well as is great for layering under powder foundations.

On top of that, Clinique also has a foundation that helps target redness that you can look into.

If you want to go the skin care route, Murad's Redness Therapy line has a green tinted moisturizer with soothing ingredients to calm redness in skin.

ntailor

(0) Hearts

Hi Lylysa,

Which one is the Lorac one? Could you attach a link?

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@ntailor-Bare minerals also makes a primer called prime time neutralizing foundation primer and Clinique also makes a redness solution primer base. Hope this helps!

ntailor

@beautylovingirl...

i found the bareminerals one...thanks!!!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@ntailor-Your very welcome!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

It seems it's not available on the Sephora site anymore, but feel free to do a search online or at Lorac's webpage for the Oil-Free Neutralizer. It's not a primer, but a corrector/neutralizer that can work with foundation.

TheBeautyBunny

Pretty much any tinted primer or BB cream has worked awesome for me. Im still trying out stuff so I dont have a favorite to suggest yet. I will say though, I tried the Stila 'One Step Correct' and it did nothing. The primers that are green or purple have never helped but tinted BB creams are my current, very amazing working, obsession right now. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • ntailor
    • lylysa
    • babybear04
    • beautylovingirl
    • TheBeautyBunny
    • elnxio