Samipeaches

Recommend a Foundation / Face routine

I have rosacea so I need full coverage. I have some oily patches and dry skin. 

I have fair-medium skin. 

I already use HD Foundation but I found that it looked sort of scaly as if it was peeling.

If you can recommend a primer I should be using, or another brand of foundation, that would help me so much.

And a bronzer for summer purposes. 

Thank you for reading :smileyhappy:

andyhtrieu

Re: Recommend a Foundation / Face routine

Casey Holmes on YouTube has great tips for people with rosacea and need full coverage foundations. She uses the Estee Lauder Double Wear most of the time, but she also uses the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation and the Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation. All of those foundations have full coverage and a matte finish. You have to be careful with matte foundations because they tend to emphasize any dry spots.

tracygirl64

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have combo-oily skin with redness and I also have eczema. I love Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hr Perfecting Primer along with Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation! :smileyhappy:

http://www.sephora.com/clean-slate-poreless-12-hr-perfecting-primer-P310018?skuId=1404599

http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-12-hour-full-coverage-foundation-spf-15-P302918?skuId=1393370

lylysa

(0) Hearts

What skin care products are you currently using?

With the MUFE HD foundation appearing scaly/peeling on your skin, is this due to the fact you're experiencing actual dry/uneven patches on your skin and the make up is just enhancing that or is it just from the make up itself?

With rosacea, try using a green tinted primer to help neutralize and tone down the redness so your foundation, concealer, and powder isn't stuck with the brunt of the work. Green and red operate as opposites on the color wheel so they work to cancel each other out.

Smashbox and MUFE make primers that contain a silicone base which feels silky on skin and can help form more of a barrier between skin issues like oil and dry patches from coming through and disrupting the wear and look of your make up. The silica also helps to absorb oil and thus provide a soft matte finish to skin.

Smashbox - Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation PrimerMAKE UP FOR EVER - HD Microperfecting Primer

Try seeing if utilizing a primer will help with how the MUFE HD Foundation will wear and appear on your skin, if you want fuller coverage than that I would suggest looking into Smashbox's Studio Skin. The foundation offers a natural-matte finish but the oil free formula also works to hydrate skin, providing a good balance for someone who wants oil control but doesn't want skin to look or feel dried out. The formula is medium to full coverage, allowing you the option to build where and as you need it so it won't feel like you're wearing a mask of product.

Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation

The texture isn't heavy or cakey so it will be less likely to want to "settle" on skin. If you find using a primer fixes the issues with texture and want something a bit richer/thicker in texture than the Smashbox Studio Skin, Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation or Kat Von D's Lock It Foundation are a step up. Both offer full coverage upon initial application. The Tarte formula will be a little more conditioning than the KVD.

Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo FoundationTarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

In regards to bronzer, are you wanting something with a matte or satin finish? Do you want one that is solid in color or something baked or offers a combination of various shades to use together/separate?

Samipeaches

I think the HD makeup is enhancing my dry areas. 

Thank you for the rosacea help. I heard yellow battles red, but I wasn't sure. Green? Okay. I'll try that.

I think for bronzer, a satin finish would be nice and solid in colour... (I'm such a makeup amateur haha I wish I had your knowledge wow!) 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Yellow can cancel out red; however, too much yellow and you might end up with too heavy of a yellow undertone/cast on skin which may appear unnatural in terms of getting that from your foundation.

The green primers carry the aspect of yellow but due to it being the opposite of red, it'll help to cancel out the redness without adding too strong of a cast to skin.

How are you applying your foundation? Is it with a brush, sponge, or fingers/hands?

I know you described your skin as being fair-medium, which shade in the MUFE HD foundation do you wear? I want to get as much info to recommend a good bronzer shade. :smileyhappy:

Samipeaches

(0) Hearts

Foundation with fingers 

The colour I use is N117

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Try working with a sponge or brush to prevent the oils from your fingers/hands from intermixing too much with your foundation as you're blending it onto skin. I'm not pulling up a letter reference for the MUFE HD Foundations, but just to confirm, 117 is the shade Marble, for light skin with yellow undertones, is this the one you wear?

Here's a thread where I detailed out how different tools can be used for foundation to give the look you wish to achieve:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/make-up-beginner/m-p/637523/highlight/true#M14764

Samipeaches

Oh yes! Marble with yellow undertones

Oh wow that's amazing girlll 

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Perfect, thanks for the color confirmation!

I'm happy my foundation tool response in the above thread can help :smileyhappy:.

Tarte's Park Avenue Princess is a pretty shade that has a slightly golden undertone to it and it's finish is very soft on skin:

Tarte - Mineral Powder Bronzer

It's also available in a mini for $10 to try out along with a self tanner (for the price, it's a steal, even if you don't use the self tanner, gift it and make a friend's day :smileyhappy:)

Tarte - Golden Opportunity Tarte-To-Go Kit

If you are open to trying a bronzer that has multiple shades that you can swirl together or pick up individual shades, Too Faced makes a range of satin finish ones that are to die for.

Snow Bunny Luminous Bronzer

Pink Leopard Blushing Bronzer
Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer
Beach Bunny Custom-Blend Bronzer

The Snow Bunny and Pink Leopard (first two) have aspects of lighter shades and a touch of pink tp prevent overwhelming lighter skin tones.

Too Faced - Bonjour Soleil Limited Edition Summer Bronzing Wardrobe

The also have the above kit with a matte bronzer, dual shaded bronzer, and the Snow Bunny packaged together along with their signature teddy-bear hair brush that is synthetic and is incredibly soft on skin!

Samipeaches

So happy you replied. This is a life saver. 

Thank you for taking the time to tell me all these options I would have stared at the aisle for hours lol 

Have a great week :smileyhappy:!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

No prob, Sami! All the best in finding the right products to work for you!

Don't be shy the next time you're in stores, ask for samples and to try on products to see what they'll look like on skin before buying.

mpas

(0) Hearts

I don't have rosacea but I do have combo skin which is oily or dry depending on how my skin is feeling.  My go to for full coverage is Elizabeth Arden sponge on flawless foundation (applied with a brush not a sponge).  It has worked really well for me in the past.  Also, Revlon colorstay mousse is a cheaper alternative.  Not a dupe, but a good thing to try out for the price.

I tend to put a little extra moisturizer in areas that I know will be dry and flake before priming and it seems to help.

Samipeaches

(0) Hearts

Sounds good. I heard good things about Elizabeth Arden.

Thank you for the tips :smileyhappy: 

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

KVD all the way for full coverage foundation (:

Smashbox or Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil is my HG or MUFE #2 

Hope this helps x

Samipeaches

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the tips! :smileyhappy: I'll definitely look into this