drrragon

Raging Red Blush!!!

Ever since January when latinadiva posted a photo of NARS Exhibit A, I've been really curious about raging red blushes!  If you read Victorian novels a lot of the characters have "high spots of colors on her cheeks" and that's what I love using super bright pigmented blushes for. 

Anyone else love super bright blushes?

swfupload_3558612462778636212.jpg

NARS Exhibit A

swfupload_7533178339962360923.jpg

Illamasqua in Brazen

swfupload_1649456287739198581.jpg

NYX in Red

drrragon

Re: Raging Red Blush!!!

*sob* now I want that red!

wendyomgwar

No need to cry :smileyhappy: go onto the sleek website and sign up for their emails! They occasionally have free U.S. shipping! I've heard its a dupe for Exhibit A ( I wouldn't know) and its cheaper, while you're over there go ahead and pick up some of their shadows! They're amazing!!!

drrragon

what is this evil little voice whispering in my head????  oh it's wendyomgwar!!!!!

I'm seriously signing up RIGHT NOW!

wendyomgwar

I prefer to think of myself as a force of good for blush lovers everywhere :smileyvery-happy:, you'll be thanking me once you get them!!!

beautylovingirl

A force of good for blush lovers everywhere... It sounds like a new super hero in the making...:smileyvery-happy:

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Haha! I can make my own theme song with my mad rapping skills as well LOL!

rikkie

OH MY GOD, Exhibit A is amazing, I love it love it love it.

It is amazing for bright, bold cheeks, but I love it for everyday too. I tap a tiny bit across my cheekbones and then get a big fluffy brush and blend like crazy. You can apply it as light and sheer as you like this way or build it up to whatever level you want! It was my present to myself when I picked up my shiny Rouge card, because I thought it was fitting, haha.

beautylovingirl

DON'T DO IT DRRAGON... COME DOWN FROM THE LEDGE.. THIS IS THE VOICE OF REASON TELLING YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM RAGING RED BLUSH....

drrragon

hahahahaha!!!  Thanks, I think I needed that! :smileyvery-happy:

*moves away from the "buy now!!!!" button*

beautylovingirl

(Hehe) It's just me being funny again... But really don't get red blush.... 

JenBlush

I have never tried an Orange Blush! but for some reason the past 3 weeks i have been obsessed with orange products! I bought 3 orange lippies! I know summer is almost over but, i think i want to try one! soon! lol

drrragon

oh yeah I went crazy with the orange/corals this spring, at least in terms of lippies.  I HAD to try the Maybelline Color Sensationals in Vibrant Mandarin and Shocking Coral among others!  It's a fun way to brighten up a look!

JenBlush

one of the things i bought was from the Marc Jacob's line! It's my baby right now! <33 I went to 2 sephora stores looking for it! because the first store didn't have it in stock! But i find myself only wearing that color lip with a navy blue shirt! i dont know what else could compliment that orange!

drrragon

(0) Hearts

haha yeah it's hard to find the right colors to match bright orange LOL!    was it a gel lipstick?  I've been so curious about those!  how do you like it?

JenBlush

Well, he calls it Lip Vinyl, not sure about the gel lipstick, but maybe? haha! it is like a lipstick in the sense that it is VERY pigmented. 

I love the color, but it has some kind of mint feeling.. like if you were chewing gum and u put it on ur lips and then took it off. yea, that's the only way i know how to explain it!

swfupload_6416721895901290132.jpg

the one i got was "Gypsy" which is the second to the left!

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh Pretty! I can't wait till my local SIJCP starts carrying this line! I was told in September.... ugh the wait... :smileysad:

JenBlush

September is just around the corner!!! lol think of it as you are gonna save money so you can spend it when they open it there! :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

Lol I love the way you think! MUST SAVE! No more 3 AM purchases! :smileyvery-happy:

drrragon

wow!!  those look amazing!  

JenBlush

I know!!! i think i might be adding two or three more to the collection sometime soon! <3 They are lovely! 

But yes, Orange is one of those colors that I am not too sure what to wear it with! :\ and i wish i could wear it more often! 

But... theres only so many navy blue shirts i can wear 

ChicDabbler

Oh that orange is so pretty. My absolute favorite summer combination is orange lips with mint colored shirt.

swfupload_5481490850186209454.jpg

(oh this reminded me I still have to hunt for a white shirt with studded collar. Been wanting one since forever).

Fall is the season of orange, so forest green or dark brown works well.

I like wearing red or white in the winter. I think it was last yr where the trend was color blocking, so you can pair orange lips with red, white OR yellow for a bold look.

Personally I actually like blue with fuschia/pink better than orange. I think the only colors you might not want to pair with orange are purple, sky blue or kelly green cuz they are too bright, or black cuz it's a bit halloween. Basically you want at most one other color, either a dark or pastel.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 100 replies
  • 150 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • drrragon
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4