t0ughco0kie28

Questions Regarding Concealer & BB CREAM

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hello world of Sephora. I'm in my early 20's & I am currently using foundation on my face as a daily routine.

I have had an interest in BB Creams/CC creams for a while and have been wondering which is better suited for my sensitive acne prone skin with dark scarring from post acne. 

I have medium/gold skin.

I am currently thinking about purchasing the Boscia BB cream or Dr Jart Water Fuse BB. However, I don't know which one to get.

Also, I have been thinking about buying GREEN OR YELLOW concealer before I apply the BB creams for coverage... unless a regular oil-free concealer is the better option for my scars...

Help!

Also thoughts on the new SmashBox CC cream?

lylysa

Re: Questions Regarding Concealer & BB CREAM

[ Edited ]

In regards to the acne scarring and getting a correcting concealer, green based concealers will work better for very red or pink toned scars while yellow will be better suited for purple toned or darker scars.

MUFE's Camoflauge Cream Palette offers a variety of yellow toned and even a green toned corrector to be used for various issues on the face and even body if needed.

Call your local store to see if that one is in stock since online it shows it not being available.

The Boscia and Dr. Jart BBs are great options to consider as they are first rooted in skin care (same with AmorePacific) rather than being a cosmetic line that just hopped on the BB bandwagon.

Try to see if you can get samples of each brand in stores to test out which you like best!

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

This concealer appears cakey and is hard to blend.  

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Different things can work for different people.

Most cream based or potted/pan concealers are thicker in consistency because they're meant for more heavy duty covering or correcting. Application and technique can really change up how a product wears. This particular item from MUFE is used more as a corrector than an actual concealer, so the consistency is a touch thicker as to provide better coverage for things like dark circles, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, and redness where consumers feel normal or regular concealers on their own don't cover well enough or have to be built on too thick to do the job.

Take a bit on a concealer brush and dab the product back and forth on the back of your hand to let it "warm up" and soften some so it's easier to blend and work with. Pat over problem areas rather than brushing it back and forth on areas of the face to allow the product to stay where you want it but still be thinned out if needed.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Check out the AmorePacific CC compact. It gives medium coverage without looking cakey, shouldn't clog pores, lasts all day with or without primer (I hate using primer unless it's for a long night out), doesn't feel heavy on the skin, and gives a glow without that "dewy wet look". 

http://www.sephora.com/color-control-cushion-compact-broad-spectrum-spf-50-P378121?skuId=1496496

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • t0ughco0kie28
    • lylysa
    • mkupgk