Carmen1986

Questions About BB Creams Revisited & Tinted Moisturizers

So I had posted a question quite a while back about BB creams quite a while back. However I have a question I never asked then that I would like to ask now.

So I normally don't use BB creams much I do have a few I like and want to try and experiment with other ones. However as of right now as it's starting to get colder my skin seems to be drying out a bit and I am Combination skin in general.

Can you do your usual skincare routine Moisturizer, eye cream, serum ect prior to using the BB cream and then apply primer before the BB cream or should you just apply BB cream straight after you wash your face. 

If so does that apply for both winter and summer or just in winter. 

As for Tinted Moisturizers the same question from above would apply to this as well. 

BeautyJunkie325

Re: Questions About BB Creams Revisited & Tinted Moisturizers

(0) Hearts

I have used a few different BB/CC creams. I did my normal routine - cleanser, toner, eye cream, moisturizer.  Then I would put the BB/CC cream. For a bit more coverage I'd layer on some powder foundation.  I don't typically use a primer with a BB/CC cream. 

I'm not a huge tinted moisturizer fan because I just need a little more coverage, which I get with the BB/CC cream on its own. However yyou would follow your same skin are routine. 

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

I know that the claims for BB creams and tinted moisturizers are that you can use them in place of moisturizers since they're supposed to be all in one products but I would never do that. I've never found a tinted moisturizer to be moisturizing enough first off even though I do have combination skin myself and same goes for BB/CC creams. It's misleading the way they call it a tinted moisturizer since you'd figure you can substitute your regular moisturizer but don't! 

On another note, I just don't want the foundation/tm/bb/cc cream sitting right on top of my skin either. I always do my normal routine and I prime as well, more so because I need my makeup to last than anything. 

Skincare is way more important than makeup xD for me anyway, so I'd much rather my skin needs are met before I go on with the makeup part! 

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your informative response girl :-)

TrysBeautyItems

I've been using a CC cream lately. Usual routine first, then the CC. However, I have used, once, a basic primer after usual skincare routine, then the CC. Was experimenting with the CC, both felt fine. With any makeup product, use your skincare routine first, makeup doesn't need to be the closet thing to your skin. A tinted moisturizer, bb/cc can also be used as a primer under foundation.

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your response as well !

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • theramenlover
    • BeautyJunkie325