Carmen1986

Question About Setting/Finishing Spray

Hey Everyone,

So I would like to know about Setting/Finishing sprays. They are a godsend for those of us who want LONG LASTING makeup application. There are so many brands in the market and so many have different claims. However I would like to know

1.) What are THE BEST OF THE BEST setting/finishing sprays that you've used

2.) How long would you say it helped your makeup stay put through the day/night 

3.) Do some of them have strong scents/perfumes

4.) How to get rid of that pesky sheen you get after you use them 

5.) What are the differences between long wearing and bridal and oil controling sprays 

6.) Are all setting sprays good for all skin types or are they designed for cerain skin types 

Now I have used and loved the Urban Decay All Nighter and currently own the Skindinavia Original Setting Spray. However I am always wanting to try new products be it drugstore to high end 

Thanks in advance !

~ Carmen ~

katief241981

Re: Question About Setting/Finishing Spray

(0) Hearts

I love the Urban decay All Nighter!!! It keeps my makeup on for 12+hours easily .  Haven't tried any others.

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

I use the Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray. I originally got it for my senior prom and now I am hooked on it! I have combination skin (my forehead is especially oily). For prom I didn't have to use any long lasting makeup besides the UD Spray and it lasted from 3pm-3am with dancing, sweating, etc. I did get a little shine but that didn't bother me because I hate a completely matte face. I also wore it to an outdoor concert recently in the Tennessee heat and my makeup lasted SO well. Again my forehead got a little shiny but I didn't use any other primer, powder or anything but UD naked foundation and some concealer. I think the longest I wore makeup with it was about 15-16 hours and my makeup still looked good, not perfect but really good for 16 hours! If you need really long lasting then pair it with long lasting foundation, concealer, finishing powder,etc. I never had that 'pesky sheen' after I use De Slick. It looks wet for a minute and then it looks normal. I also use it under my makeup and over as well. I'm not sure if they still make it but UD used to make one called Dew Me that was moisturizing if you have dry skin.

nebel

(0) Hearts

I actually JUST bought the Make Up For Ever setting spray and I've really been impressed with it.  I don't notice any sheen.  It does have a light scent, but I think it goes away pretty quickly 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • brittany0859
    • nebel
    • katief241981
    • Carmen1986