Rainyma

Primer?

Hi there, I bought the Estee Lauder double wear foundation after trying a sample, but one of the ladies suggested that I don't use a primer underneath it. (I've got oily skin)

Any tips?

Rainyma

Re: Primer?

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the helpful responses! :smileyhappy: I plan on giving it a try both ways, and so far I've tried it without the primer. I have the hourglass primer on hand for my next test.

Without the primer it lasted a while but I noticed some areas that faded as the day went on. I use the UD mattifying pressed powder for the oiliness but what would be better for touch ups?

lecia1167

scharrison

If you do decide to go with a primer, the Givenchy Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer works really well with oily skin too(:

andyhtrieu

You can try the foundation with no primer to see if you like the way it feels and wears throughout the day. I personally don't think you need a primer with the double wear because it's already matte and long wearing. If you find that you need a primer, try Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer or the Estee Lauder Matte perfecting Primer

btmod2

Hi Rainyma,

If you have enough foundation in the sample for two uses, I recommend trying the foundation once with a primer and trying it once without a primer. I have found that the Double Wear foundation lasts a little longer on my skin when I use a primer, but that doesn't necessarily mean you will have the same experience with it. I would try it both ways if you are able to and see if a primer makes any sort of difference on your skin. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • Rainyma
    • scharrison
    • lecia1167