FitFan

Primer for Oily, Acne Prone skin-- Too Faced vs Smashbox/Cover Fx

(0) Hearts

Hi,

I currently use the Smashbox Photo Finish Dark Spot Correcting Primer and I'm looking into the Too Face Oil Free Primer or CoverFX Anti-Acne primer..have you guys used these or have a preference for your favorite primer for oily skin? Something that will not break me out. Thanks :smileyhappy:

BeautyJunkie325

Re: Primer for Oily, Acne Prone skin-- Too Faced vs Smashbox/Cover Fx

I have oily skin too and I'm sampling different primers now.  I think I've tried about 1/2 the primers at Sephora trying to find my HG primer.  The ones I've liked so are NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer, Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer - Blemish Control (love this when I have a few breakouts) , MUFE Microperfecting Primer and UD Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer. I not a huge fan of Benefit's The Porefessional, KVD Rehab Priming Elixir, Stila One Step Correct and Too Faced Primed & Poreless.  

knadala

(0) Hearts

I tried the Too Faced Oil Free Primer, I'm not a fan, I have combination skin and I didn't get a result which was better than the drugstore brands I have tried :smileysad:

FitFan

(0) Hearts

Oh darn, that's good to know in advanced. I always try to look through the reviews and find some not so positive ones cause I know it can't all be good. 

I may look more into Cover Fx since I just got their foundation and I liked it. I was oily after about 3hrs but I didn't have a primer on since they did it for me in the store. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

But remember to try these out for yourself because everyone's skin is different.

FitFan

(0) Hearts

That is true. Luckily, I got a sample of the Cover FX Anti-Acne Primer so I'm going to start with that one. I'm mostly compiling a list and then will probably start researching reviews before I decide which will be next to try.

infinitise

Sephora near where I live don't have cover fx so I can't say anything about them, but Toofaced primers are just okay.. their eye shadow insurance is great but their primers are not really. 

Try hourglass's mineral veil. Its really great. people with dry skin say they can get really dry, but on my combination skin that is prone to breakouts, they're just right. 

I heard good things about Becca's primer but have never tried them, so I don't know 

FitFan

(0) Hearts

Thanks..I have always heard good things about Hourglass. I'll look into those

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • FitFan