pinkyy13

Primer and Sunscreen

During the day I would like to be able to wear both my primer and my sunscreen. However, the ones I like are two different products. In what order should I apply these to my face (After my moisturizer)? Primer then sunscreen or vice-versa?

Thanks for the help!

xoxo

katimae

Re: Primer and Sunscreen

(0) Hearts

A lot of people misunderstand the order of which  to do this. It's a good question.  The answer which I've been told for years by a dermatologist and my make-up artist when I modeled was you have to put the sunscreen on clean dry skin so it can soak into you bare skin. Then follow with the moisturizer and the primer. I agree it is much better to get a moisturizer with an SPF of thirty or more. If not try to get a sunscreen meant for faces. If the different advise your getting is confusing you, I suggest you google it, you will find out there to put the sunscreen on first.  And good for you for using sunscreen! You skin will thank you!

alphafashion

(0) Hearts

Dont use both! Your clogging up your pores!!! I suggest a primer with an spf. Your not doing youre skin any favors!!!

vernaajess

(0) Hearts

I would say use the primer first, because the way sunscreen works is that the tiny metallic pieces in it reflect sunlight. The organic molecules in sunscreen absorb the ultraviolet radiation and release it as heat. This is how sunscreen protects your skin. Also, using the primer would help keep your face less greasy, because for me, sunscreen always turns my face into an oil slick.

wvmamma

(0) Hearts

I use Oil of Olay with an spf 15.  So I have my moisturizer and sunscreen in one.  Then primer.  Oil of Olay protects against UVA and UVB rays!  That's very important.  To find one that protects against both.  I wasn't sure, so I called them and asked.  I've been using it ever since.  It's not expensive or greasy.  I like it!  Hope this helps you!

officegal

(0) Hearts

katie is right - primer always goes last just before foundation.

tenngal

(0) Hearts

To cut down on the number of products you use, I wanted to suggest a good moisturizer and sunscreen all-in-one called Go Clear Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 15 which you can find at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=OBPIBYXZ4GZSOCV0KRRQ5UQ?id=P256443&categoryId...

It is lightweight and works great.  You would put it on first, then primer, then foundation.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

After your moisturizer, *definitely* apply sunscreen first, then allow it to absorb (at least a few minutes). Then, apply primer, and then the rest of your makeup.

: )

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 8 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • officegal
    • wvmamma
    • katimae