lovelyred139

Price-Smart Primer Recs?

[ Edited ]

So I'm in the market for a new primer.  I've been using Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless and I've no complaints, but I also didn't properly shop around before purchase and on a new grad student budget I'm curious about what's been working well for others in a similar price range (roughly $30).  I've had my eye on both Bare Minerals' Prime Time and Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure but can't make up my mind.  I'm looking for something lightweight that behaves well with liquid foundation.  Longevity is really, really important to me, moreso than smoothness.  Some days I'm on campus for almost 13 hours -- the less touching up I have to do the better!

ETA: My skin type is in the normal-to-dry range these days, so oil control isn't a huge concern for me when primer shopping.

lovelyred139

Re: Price-Smart Primer Recs?

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all of the feedback!  It's only recently that wear time has become a larger concern for me, so it's very helpful to know what's worked for others.  I'm so green when it comes to primers that I didn't even know Urban Decay had one for complexion.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I love the Bare Minerals Prime Time Primer I noticed that you said something about one that will last thru those 13 hr days and that's why I suggested the Bare Minerals primer because I have oily skin and it last all day for me and I sometimes have 12 to 15 hr days and to me oiler skin is much harder to find something that will last and I absolutely hated the Porefessional. Hope this helps!

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I have dry skin that's prone to breakouts. The Porefessional broke me out :smileysad: 

I'm in love with the hourglass SPF 15 primer. It's so light & hydrating, feels more like a serum than a primer. 

dianabt

(0) Hearts

hi lovelyred139,

I agree, the Porefessional is great for controlling my shiny t-zone! I like to apply it on top of my makeup for a more matte finish.

The POREfessional

I'd suggest you look at the Too Faced Primed and Poreless- it's slightly lighter on the skin but very smoothing and helps with pores a bit more. :smileyhappy:

Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kd006

I have owned both. I personally prefer the too faced primed and poreless. I didn't make it all the way through the bottle of my prime time because I just didn't love it. For me, it just didn't do much for my skin. It didn't feel like it was doing anything. I didn't notice a difference when I stopped using the product. Plus it is also frustrating that when you get to the bottom, you have to unscrew the lid and pull out the rest. Since it isn't a squeeze tube it's just annoying. I prefer the too faced :smileyhappy:

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi lovelyred139,

If you want a long lasting primer, let me know what your skin type is! It sounds like you may want an oil fighting or pore minimizing kind but let me know so I can suggest a few good ones. :smileyhappy: I've personally had great luck with the Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Potion as well as the Too Faced but if oiliness is not your concern I can suggest a few others too! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

Whoops!  Thought I'd mentioned my skin type.  It was combination for ages -- hence the pore appearance -- but after some skincare regimen changes it's in the normal-to-dry range.  If I'm not religious with moisturizing I do get some flaking, so I've nothing against brightening/hydrating primers as long as they last.

kd006

(0) Hearts

In that case, you should look into benefits porefessional. I use it with my dry skin and love it! I wouldn't say it completely gets rid of pores, but it does minimize the appearance.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • dianabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • lovelyred139
    • kd006