ace95

Pressed Powder

I am trying to decide whether or not I should purchase the new Urban Decay Naked pressed powder or the Urban Decay

De-slick powder...any thoughts?

ace95

Re: Pressed Powder

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone! After debating, I think I'm going to go with the de-slick powder. Thanks carolong for the tip about it being on sale, much appreciated!

carolang

(0) Hearts

Pretty sure UD is selling the previous packaging of de-slick in their sale section right now (it looks like what I thought the 

Powder looked like so maybe I don't know the new packaging?). Worth peeking at!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Yes! It's half price right now! The new packaging looks almost exactly the same as the old, but I think they changed the formula for the new version. I hit pan a while ago on my de-slick and I need to decide quickly if I want sweet savings or to see if they've improved it with the new version. Hmmmm...

joeanne

I just ordered the UD de-slick and will be getting it tomorrow. I was looking for something to keep the oil and shine at bay during the summer. I use Boscia blotting linens too and love them, but this summer has been extremely hot and humid here in upstate New York, so I need to call in reinforcements! (Who would have thought that at 58 years old I'd still be dealing with oily skin?)

So I guess it does come down to whether you are looking for oil control or a nice touch up powder during the day. I will say that the Naked pressed powder looks really nice. I looked at the temptalia blog and was really impressed with her pics.   I'm guessing the UD Naked powder will probably end up in my makeup bag at some point!

kalex

(0) Hearts

If you are simply looking for oil and shine control I'd go with the De-Slick.

The new Naked Skin powder (from the reviews I've read) is your standard finishing powder.  It's sets your foundation, helps control shine, and blurs imperfections.

Really just depends on what you're looking to get out of a powder!

Snuggleberry

[ Edited ]

I kept debating whether or not to get the de-slick powder, but  I think it really depends on what you're looking for - if it's just oil control I'd go with the de-slick as Diana suggested. I usually use the boscia blotting linens to absorb any oil, and i love them, so I want something with a little color coverage for touch

ups and to help my makeup look a little more matte when I'll be out in the sun for a while. So now I'm just waiting for the naked skin pressed powder to show up on Sephora so I can order it!

If it helps, temptalia has a review of the pressed powder on her blog. http://www.temptalia.com/urban-decay-naked-skin-ultra-definition-pressed-finishing-powder-reviews-ph...

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

@Snuggleberry,

Thanks for that link. Temptalia did a great job with the swatches. Strange how the Light shade looks darker than Medium Light.

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Ace95,

If you have more oily skin I suggest you try the De Slick which will keep shine away and leave your skin matte and smooth. I'm not familiar with the Naked pressed powder but it sounds like it may have slightly more coloring and will help to even and set makeup but maybe not as much oil control as the De Slick.

Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • kalex
    • dianabt
    • joeanne
    • rikkie