roxystar4

Pressed Powder Foundation

I have found that I get a really light coverage when I use a pressed powder foundation. Any suggestions on how to get heavier coverage with a powder?

I have a few on my "heart" list right now and Im curious if any of you have used/tried/own/like or hate them.  ok im looking for an excuse to use another promo code.

More maybe you L-O-V-E a powder foundation that isnt on my list- please feel free to share!

Laura Mercier Foundation Powder in 02 (I know it says for pink tones but the people at LM told me that for my shade skin this is the better fit because my skin is lighter. I always go by tone (i have a hint of yellow).

s870550-main-hero.jpg

BECCA Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation in Shell

s1462548-main-hero.jpg

Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation in G20s1452283-main-hero.jpg

MUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation in 117 Golden Ivory

s1479542-main-hero.jpg

Not at Sephora but a product I am hoping to get sometime: MAC Studio Fix Powder.

DTalksAll

Re: Pressed Powder Foundation

My favorite powders are Too Faced & Dior. Every time I go to buy a new Too Faced, they are out of my shade & I end up with something I'm not crazy about. Dior is the first to replace it & not get returned. 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

thanks dannyc, Im going to check it out. im just disappointed that the MUFE was not a good fit.

emmaclaire

OOH!  The Dolce & Gabbana powder foundation is AMAZING!!!  I absolutely love it - it has medium coverage but can EASILY be built up to full coverage or sheered down by lighter application, but most importantly, it's matte and keeps me oil free but makes me look like I have radiant and perfect skin.  It's not the "too matte" creepy powdery look, but reflects light juuuuuust enough to make you look like you have a bit of "glow" without any sparkle, shine, or grease.  It's my HG powder, and I've tried almost everything that came in my shade (I'm exceptionally pale) - and the color match is divine for me!  DEFINITELY give it a shot!!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

checking this out right now. Looks awesome. Not sure what color I would be in it though. the color iq doesnt have a lot of shade matches

aviscardi

I looked into shades 2-4 of LM powder fdn and they all have yellow so Im not sure why it says online-pink. my friend wears 2 in LM and 117 in mufe pro. I LOVE the powder fdn from LM, the new smooth fdn isn't bad either but you get up to medium coverage on that where as the original goes up to full

Another one ive been loving recently is the benefit hello flawless, she wears  champagne, shade 3. 2 is close but more yellow. 

If you are oily to combo, i love the mufe duo mat. Keeps me matte longer than the pro which is more satin, both to me are medium coverage

DoctorsMrs

Hey GirlFriend,

I wasn't on BT yet when you created this post so this is the first that I've seen of it.

Pro Finish made my face itch really badly so I'm not sure that I had it on long enough for it to oxidize.

My favorite powder foundations lately have been Sephora 8 hour Mattifying Compact Foundation and MAC Studio Fix. I think the MAC just caused my first breakout in months though, so I'm probably done with that. Check out the Sephora one if you want to try something else. Great coverage and so fast to apply :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

good to know about Sephora 8 hr. the MAC powder is next on my list.  thanks!!!

Another thing is, based on the Color IQ,  The MUFE HD 117 is 3Y03  and the MUFE 117 powder is 2Y05.  

DoctorsMrs

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I don't think it's uncommon in lines that have both a liquid and a powder for the shades to not match exactly even though their names match.  For example, in the Kat Von D, in mid summer with a tan I could wear the #58 liquid. Then I ordered the #58 powder and the only thing I'll ever be able to do with that is maybe make it a bronzer.  Similar experience with Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid vs. powder.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I agree with you. I went in my JCP sephora and they color matched me to both of these (117 in both)... maybe they didnt take into account that the powder turns darker after a little bit??

roxystar4

UPDATE: Ok it's been two months later. Ive used my MUFE Pro Finish probably 5-6 times... any one else have major oxidizing?  I look orange about 2 hours later. really disappointed.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

Hey ladies! Thanks for all of your advice! I ended up purchasing the MUFE Pro Finish. I havent gotten it yet (ordered online for the promos) but tested it again in store the other day and decided that was the one I wanted to get. The LM was a very close second & I may have to get it next.  (although I think I may want to get MAC studio fix powder- we will see!)

aviscardi

I 2nd the LM powder foundation. I love it!! it also looks flawless over a bb or liquid. Using it alone i like to apply it with a flat top powder brush to get the most coverage or kabuki- traditional or something like tartes airbrush. From swatching 2-4 they all seem yellow toned to me. and are also very forgiving in the sense that i wear 4 but both 2 and 3 seemed to blend as well into my hand

2nd would be the pro finish. In my experience it does seem to oxidize if you have a darker shade. in the pan it doesn't look bad but i feel like it applies darker than it looks. i just went to get a new color recently and so far have not seen it oxidize. 

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Yes, I also use a flat top powder brush!  Like this one:

Bare Minerals Precision Face Brush

BM Precision Face Brush.jpghttp://bit.ly/11nUo0y

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

thats the next one i want to try. I use the heavenly face brush from BE, bought a backup but its not as spread out as my old one lol. SO hopefully the bristles form the same eventually

beautylovingirl

I always apply my MAC with the sponge for heavier coverage and if I want a little less I use a damp sponge to apply it to get a more sheer coverage.

roxystar4

thanks for the tip beautylovingirl :smileyhappy: 

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Roxystar4, I LOVE the Laura Mercier Foundation Powder!  I used to only use her pressed mineral powder, & the last time I went to pick up a new one they were out.  So I got the foundation powder instead, and I feel like it gives a little more coverage and a smooth, even finish.  I apply it with a large brush, but you will always get more coverage by using the sponge.

Laura Mercier Foundation Powder.jpghttp://bit.ly/P7rixZ

:smileyhappy: -Laura

roxystar4

thanks kenny & sephoralovex! love hearing people's recommendations & ideas :smileyhappy:

kenny

MUFE's Pro Finish Powder Foundation is the only powder foundation I've really loved. I buff it on with a slanted kabuki (from the Body Shop), and to conceal some areas I use a concealer brush (from Bare Minerals).

kenny

I should have mentioned that doing this process gives me medium-full coverage :smileyhappy: I  haven't had any problems with it oxidizing at all

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • emmaclaire
    • sephoralovex
    • aviscardi
    • roxystar4