roxystar4

Pressed Powder Foundation

I have found that I get a really light coverage when I use a pressed powder foundation. Any suggestions on how to get heavier coverage with a powder?

I have a few on my "heart" list right now and Im curious if any of you have used/tried/own/like or hate them.  ok im looking for an excuse to use another promo code.

More maybe you L-O-V-E a powder foundation that isnt on my list- please feel free to share!

Laura Mercier Foundation Powder in 02 (I know it says for pink tones but the people at LM told me that for my shade skin this is the better fit because my skin is lighter. I always go by tone (i have a hint of yellow).

s870550-main-hero.jpg

BECCA Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation in Shell

s1462548-main-hero.jpg

Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation in G20s1452283-main-hero.jpg

MUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation in 117 Golden Ivory

s1479542-main-hero.jpg

Not at Sephora but a product I am hoping to get sometime: MAC Studio Fix Powder.

miabt

Re: Pressed Powder Foundation

Hi RoxyStar4,

I'd go with the MUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation.  The MUFE Powder has a great finish that can be used both wet & dry for added coverage.  If you want a serious full coverage look, apply it wet & go over it dry to set it :smileyhappy:

s1479542-main-hero.jpg

xo, Mia

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

thanks Mia! I think a lot of people agree - MUFE.

sephoralovex

[ Edited ]

I highly highly recommend you try the MAC studio fix powder soon :smileyhappy: I use a big fluffy face brush for it and get medium-full coverage. But if I used a denser brush, I would get full on maximum coverage.

I hear the MUFE is comparable to the MAC one. I would try that first. Also to get more coverage with powder foundations, use a dense brush. Flat top would be ideal like the Bare Minerals Precision face brush or the Sigma Beauty Flat Top F80 brush. Or a dense kabuki brush. A cheap flat top dense brush I use for full coverage when using powder foundation is from ELF. It's from the studio line and works great. 

Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 7.39.31 PM.png

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@sephoralovex  Thanks for replying!  I have color matched myself instore with the MUFE Pro Finish but havent worn it all day/tested it out enough. Do you know if this oxidizes?

Does your MAC Studio Fix oxidize?  It has been on my list since I have talked with beautylovingirl about it :smileyhappy:

I usually use a soft powder brush so that is probably why Im not getting the coverage I want.

sephoralovex

From many reviews and YT videos I've watched on the MUFE powder everyone has said it doesn't oxidize. I also have samples of it so maybe I should give it a try too! As for the MAC powder it doesn't oxidize one bit either. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • emmaclaire
    • sephoralovex
    • aviscardi
    • roxystar4