brittany0859

Powder foundation application?

(0) Hearts

I recently bought the Kat Von D Lock It Powder Foundation and I love it so far. I just have a couple questions about application because I usually use a liquid. Can you apply a liquid concealer over powder? I usually apply my concealer (Tarte maracuja creaseless) and use the sponge included in the powder, but it rubs my concealer off a little. I don't know a lot about brushes, and I only have two (a kabuki and UD optical blurring). I tried a kabuki brush I have by bare minerals and it didn't give me enough coverage like the sponge did. What brushes do you guys like for powder foundation?

BeautyGirl4Fun

Re: Powder foundation application?

(0) Hearts

I heard from Goss, from youtube goss makeup artist. Well he did a video that he applied powder first then liquid foundation and let me say it looked great! He says its good to do if you have oily skin. I have not tried it yet but when I do I will let you know how it turned out. As far as brushes for powder I love my Bella Pierra Powder Brush No23.

andyhtrieu

When you're using a powder foundation, you want to use concealer first. Using a concealer over powder might result in cakeyness. You also want to use a brush to apply your foundation. Your UD Optical Blurring brush is perfect for applying powder foundations as well as liquid. Apply the powder in circular buffing motions to get an even coverage and a flawless finish. If you have any dry spots, just tap over those areas. You can also use a big fluffy brush to get light coverage.

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

Awesome! I thought my UD Blurring brush was just for liquids. I'm gonna try it out. Thanks!

sammiebaby

Hey there!

I sometimes like using a sponge also since it does give more coverage than any brush.  But I do so love my brushes.  Kabuki brushes do provide good coverage but sometimes it's a little too heavy and then hard to blend.  I really like the Sephora Collection Pro Flawless Airbrush #56.  It's really good and blends effortlessly.  For concealers powder or liquid I love the Pro Airbrush Concealer #57.  It really gets close to the under part of your lid where flat brushes and sponges can't get.  You can also try out the Classic Mineral Powder Mini brush by Sephora which I use also I just have the older pro version which looks exactly like the mini only bigger.

quixotic

I really like the Sephora Pro Airbrush #55 to apply powder foundation.

s1419373-main-Lhero.jpg

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

Concealer goes under powder, powder sets concealer. With liquid foundation concealer is after and then powder to set both.

Currently, I'm liking the Real Techniques brushes. On their direct website are brush videos, along with how to looks, that may help.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • quixotic
    • sammiebaby
    • brittany0859
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • andyhtrieu
    • BeautyGirl4Fun