caperjess

Perfect foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB cream for pale skin?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hello everyone!

I'm on the hunt for a new foundation of some-sort (or a tinted moisturizer or BB cream or powder or whatever)

I have cool, very pale skin with pink undertones, lots of redness in the cheek area partially as a result of acne scarring. I'm looking for something that is:

-Sheer to medium coverage, but buildable if needed

-Comes in a shade that would likely match my rosy fair skin

-Good at "perfecting" the skin, as in hiding pores and other minor imperfections...Oooh and redness!

-Suitable for oily skin

-Preferrably not too expensive, but I'm flexible with that 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :-)

purplenotes

Re: Perfect foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB cream for pale skin?

(0) Hearts

I agree that the Dr. Jart BB Creams are really great! I've tried the Water Fuse BB Cream and I love it! I've also been trying the Clinique Even Better Foundation and it's been great as well. It has a medium coverage but would cover redness and any imperfections you may have. I have a very simliar skin type and skin tone as you so I would recommend trying the Alabaster shade but always make sure that it matches your skintone in the store rather than just from my recommendation. Hope this helps!

GlitterBlossom

(0) Hearts

I have similar skin and i use Boots No7 in fair, it is a tinted moisturizer. It is $11 and i got it at Target, inexpensive and really works i use it daily and with a little powder on places where the light hits it really looks beautiful and natural. (I also add a bit of blush on my cheeks, very cute but optional.)  Also, TOTAL lifesaver on those "On the Go" days!! Hope this helps.

mallory3000

i love Dr Jarts BB cream! i have fair skin as well and it adjusts to my skin color i love it it's buildable and has good coverage. i also love that its not cakey or thick. I really recommend it!

maltipoo66

Hi! To fit your conditions, I would recommend Clinique's Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer, Tarte's Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer, and Dr. Jart's Premium BB cream (which doesn't seem to be in stock right now). These should all work for your fair, pink toned skin and oily skin type. I think the Tarte Smooth Operator would be your best bet (it's oil-free and has a great shade range, as well as buildable coverage). Here are the links:
http://www.sephora.com/smooth-operator-spf-20-P67617
http://www.sephora.com/moisture-surge-tinted-moisturizer-spf-15-P284201?skuId=1322510
http://www.sephora.com/premium-beauty-balm-spf-45-pa-P285403?skuId=1327915
caperjess

Hey, thanks so much for your recommendations! I'll definitely try them out next time I visit my local Sephora store :-)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • caperjess
    • mallory3000
    • maltipoo66
    • purplenotes
    • GlitterBlossom