sephoraadmin2

**Pantone Color IQ in select Sephora Stores **

[ Edited ]

SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ

Available at SEPHORA 5 Times Square in Manhattan July 26th and SEPHORA Powell Street in San Francisco, in early August

-    Find Your Scientifically Precise Foundation Shade From Over 1,000 Foundations In Our Stores -

SEPHORA, the leading beauty specialty retailer, and Pantone LLC, the global color authority, unveil SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ, the most advanced foundation matching tool available in North American beauty retail.   Powered by Pantone and based off the color matching technology developed by X-Rite, the SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ system is the first and only beauty device to scan the surface of the skin and assign an official Pantone skintone number, to find your scientifically precise foundation shade amongst our 1,000 foundations, brands and formulas.

“SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ POWERED BY PANTONE is an incredible tool that delivers a real benefit to our clients,” says Margarita Arriagada, SVP of Merchandising at Sephora. “We see this as the first application of this patented Sephora exclusive technology, and are excited to expand its capabilities for other uses in the color world.”

The SEPHORA+ PANTONE COLOR IQ is a hand held tool based off the Pantone X-Rite Spectrocolorimeter used in the design world.  As the first of its kind in cosmetics retail, the device works by taking an image of your skin, analyzing and assigning you an official Pantone skintone number.  With that number, Sephora beauty experts reference SEPHORA’s Universal Skintone Guide (via iPad) which holds over 1,000 foundation skus to determine what products are a precise match for your skintone.    

“SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ eliminates many of the variables that can affect shade selection, including pigment challenges, skin texture and undertones which can often distort the clients match,” added SEPHORA PRO Gilbert Soliz. “As an artist, I know the right foundation is essential to a great makeup look so this is an amazing resource to have for my consultations.  It allows me to pull the best matches across all our brand offerings for my clients personalized consultation.”

Facts about the SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ:

SEPHORA + PANTONE Color IQ Handheld Device:

• Image takes 1.8 seconds to capsure
  • Produces  27 photographs in black and white using 8 different visible LED bands and 1 ultraviolet band
  • COLOR IQ measures only in red/green/blue
  • Ultraviolet and three split spectrums
  • Grid of 100x100 pixels across skin sample which then becomes one color composite
  • New method of color measurement, including texture and surface sample variables, allowing for the most accurate color positioning

Cameras vs COLOR IQ device for pigment precision:

• Traditional cameras uses ambient light (huge pigment variables)
  • COLOR IQ can measure pigment in pitch darkness, does not require ambient lighting for precision matching

SEPHORA + PANTONE Color IQ Skintone Library:

• Ethnicity isn’t relevant when color matching- there are more factors in the physiology of the skin that determine color (hemoglobin, sun exposure, freckles, skin conditions, sun burn, excess or absence of melanin)
  • 110 colors are mapped out by the Pantone Color Institute that comprise the SEPHORA + PANTONE Skintone Library
  • Colors are based on SEPHORA’s current foundation landscape and can be expanded as more brand offerings are added, making the most comprehensive foundation library available at retail
  • iPad app platform, exclusive to SEPHORA
  • only available in SEPHORA stores

Recommendations for the best SEPHORA + PANTONE Color IQ match:

• No workout 30 minutes prior to match
  • No chemical or harsh peels 3-6 days prior to match
  • Drink more water and less caffeine prior to match, caffeine restricts blood flow, affecting flush of skin
  • If you are wearing self tanner, disclose to the Sephora artist for a better match

<br>

<br>

Jessica071509

Re: **Pantone Color IQ in select Sephora Stores **

(0) Hearts

I got 2Y07 but that was before the YSL Fusion Ink foundation came out so what shade would I be? It's not under my results for matches

BMDP

(0) Hearts

I got 2y05 color IQ . but what would that be for this product they dont show numbers only what the colors are called how do I order when I cant match??  (BOBBI BROWN Skin Foundation Stick ) is waht I would like in my color :smileyhappy: help please and thank you

podosongyi

(0) Hearts

I got colour iQ in a store but I forgot what it was. I bought Nars pure radiant tinted moisturizer in Groenland light 3.   Can some one tell me what my skin tone number?

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I just did this the other day, looking for a match to that exact product and shade. Groenland comes up as a 2Y06.

amthyst83

(0) Hearts

Are there any new locations?

DaMarce

(0) Hearts

I just had this service done at the Sephora in Orland Park, IL and it is WONDERFUL!  It wouldn't take an accurate reading of my face so they did the upper portion of my neck.  I read 2YO5 and they tried two foundations on me that I had already earmarked as the correct color based on putting it on my arm.  Really great matches.  One of the colors on the screen was a Lancome color that I've worn successfully in the past.  Yesterday it came up with Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude and Hourglass in Ivory.

anagarzagarza

(0) Hearts

I had my skintone análisis and as result i have Laura mercier foundation in bamboo beige, can you give me The skin tone number? i used The send to email option and i never receive IT, can you pléase help? 

MinervaJade

(0) Hearts

Hi ANAGARZAGARZA!  The color number match indicates the foundation number is #4Y07  (based on product Laura Mercier Silk Cream Foundation in Bamboo Beige).  Im so happy to hear that you received a skin analysis with the Color IQ!  Color IQ was launched today at the particular location where i work. Sooooo genius!!! I personally obtained such an accurate analysis by a fellow castmember that Ive found my new favorite foundation.  It customized all of the different brand options suggested for my skintone number which made me fall in instant love!  Im excited to offer such a valuable tool.  Enjoy! 

gogreengal

(0) Hearts

I'm going up to SF next week. Is this service still available? I would like to know before dragging my family in with me.

LadyDragonfire

(0) Hearts

So, are there actually other Sephora stores (aside from the Times Square location in NYC and the Powell Street location in San Francisco) that have Pantone Color IQ now? I was told before that the Eaton Centre location in Toronto, Ontario is supposed to have it, but last time I visited that store (I think it was back in late November) they did not actually have it yet. Can anyone list all the stores that currently have it? Thanks :smileyhappy:

fashionista522

(0) Hearts

I'm trying to find more information on this too. It's such an incredibleconcept. 

jessica223344

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts
2/2/13:
I cleansed my face, applied DDF oil-free SPF 45 moisturizer, a sample from Smasbox photo finish primer, sample from my Skincare IQ results = Dior 021/linen color to entire face &amp; mid neck. Used Sephora brand foundation brush to even out. NARS blush, NARS High Society eyeshadow. P. S. I am loving the consistency of Murad's eye cream under my eyes (sample... Want to purchase). A nice associate named Gia Densford saw my application when I walked in their store (as you can tell I visit Sephora stores often)... And she applied NARS light reflecting pressed powder. Thanks Gia! I think it's worth using Pantone skin IQ to find your color match
jessica223344

I visited Sephora Woodfield today. They mentioned that the Pantone Skincare IQ was available.  It took just a few scans (three) of my face and neck.  This is a great idea.  I took a sample of Dior linen 021 home.  I'm excited to try it tomorrow morning!  I'll have to come back here tomorrow to comment on thee quality of result.  I love that Sephora has it set up so the result top results are able to be emailed to me.  

jessica223344

image.jpg

fholness

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I went to the Times Sq. location last night, and this morning I'm telling all my coworkers about it! This really is a great tool. I've been searching for a foundation that had good coverage, and not too heavy. Not only does it determine your skin type, it gives you the top foundation brands for your skin, and you can switch it up based on type of coverage you're looking for (sheer, medium, etc). And it does so much more. I couldn't hang around to try everything, so they were able to email my top brands to me. I hope they begin to carry this in more stores. It will make the search for foundation so much easier. Thanks Sephora!!!

Oh, and the service is free! :smileyhappy:

sephoraadmin2 wrote:

SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ

Available at SEPHORA 5 Times Square in Manhattan July 26th and SEPHORA Powell Street in San Francisco, in early August

-    Find Your Scientifically Precise Foundation Shade From Over 1,000 Foundations In Our Stores -

SEPHORA, the leading beauty specialty retailer, and Pantone LLC, the global color authority, unveil SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ, the most advanced foundation matching tool available in North American beauty retail.   Powered by Pantone and based off the color matching technology developed by X-Rite, the SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ system is the first and only beauty device to scan the surface of the skin and assign an official Pantone skintone number, to find your scientifically precise foundation shade amongst our 1,000 foundations, brands and formulas.

“SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ POWERED BY PANTONE is an incredible tool that delivers a real benefit to our clients,” says Margarita Arriagada, SVP of Merchandising at Sephora. “We see this as the first application of this patented Sephora exclusive technology, and are excited to expand its capabilities for other uses in the color world.”

The SEPHORA+ PANTONE COLOR IQ is a hand held tool based off the Pantone X-Rite Spectrocolorimeter used in the design world.  As the first of its kind in cosmetics retail, the device works by taking an image of your skin, analyzing and assigning you an official Pantone skintone number.  With that number, Sephora beauty experts reference SEPHORA’s Universal SkintoneGuide(via iPad) which holds over 1,000 foundation skus to determine what products are a precise match for your skintone.    

“SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ eliminates many of the variables that can affect shade selection, including pigment challenges, skin texture and undertones which can often distort the clients match,” added SEPHORA PRO Gilbert Soliz. “As an artist, I know the right foundation is essential to a great makeup look so this is an amazing resource to have for my consultations.  It allows me to pull the best matches across all our brand offerings for my clients personalized consultation.”

Facts about the SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ:

SEPHORA + PANTONE Color IQ Handheld Device:

• Image takes 1.8 seconds to capsure
  • Produces  27 photographs in black and white using 8 different visible LED bands and 1 ultraviolet band
  • COLOR IQ measures only in red/green/blue
  • Ultraviolet and three split spectrums
  • Grid of 100x100 pixels across skin sample which then becomes one color composite
  • New method of color measurement, including texture and surface sample variables, allowing for the most accurate color positioning

Cameras vs COLOR IQ device for pigment precision:

• Traditional cameras uses ambient light (huge pigment variables)
  • COLOR IQ can measure pigment in pitch darkness, does not require ambient lighting for precision matching

SEPHORA + PANTONE Color IQ Skintone Library:

• Ethnicity isn’t relevant when color matching- there are more factors in the physiology of the skin that determine color (hemoglobin, sun exposure, freckles, skin conditions, sun burn, excess or absence of melanin)
  • 110 colors are mapped out by the Pantone Color Institute that comprise the SEPHORA + PANTONE Skintone Library
  • Colors are based on SEPHORA’s current foundation landscape and can be expanded as more brand offerings are added, making the most comprehensive foundation library available at retail
  • iPad app platform, exclusive to SEPHORA
  • only available in SEPHORA stores

Recommendations for the best SEPHORA + PANTONE Color IQ match:

• No workout 30 minutes prior to match
  • No chemical or harsh peels 3-6 days prior to match
  • Drink more water and less caffeine prior to match, caffeine restricts blood flow, affecting flush of skin
  • If you are wearing self tanner, disclose to the Sephora artist for a better match

<br>

<br>

yumdust84

(0) Hearts

I am excited to try this service!  Is it free, or does the consultation/ pantone gun session cost extra?

Thank you!

juju554

(0) Hearts

My observation would be that they are testing the waters on this new product in two of the most frequently visited stores in America...San Francisco and New York.  Once they receive some feedback...they will know how and where to proceed from there. 

tdsollog

(0) Hearts

That's really sad for the Color IQ to only go in two stores. I live in southern NJ, and it's a big drive to make the pilgrimage to NYC. To make it really available, it would be really cool for Pantone and Sephora to partner together to make it an app, or to add it to the existing Sephora app.

hjrdaisy

(0) Hearts

Hey, at least you actually live with in a reasonable distance for going there, haha. I live in Tennessee, and I am gnawing at the bits to try this thing!

kenny

(0) Hearts

How long will this be available at the Times Square location?

I will be in New York area next week, and this sounds like a very helpful tool and might be worth the little trip over there!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • kenny
    • hjrdaisy
    • kimmi1115
    • gogreengal
    • anagarzagarza
    • amthyst83