rawriness

Pale full coverage foundation?

I've been looking for a great pale liquid foundation for the longest time. And no, I don't mean that yellow-toned pale that everyone has. Those foundations are always way too dark on me (Mac's NC15 makes my ears and neck completely white in contrast). I've got a more porcelain tone to my skin, and that means more pinkish undertones. Most foundations are way too dark for me. What great full coverage foundation has a color that's light enough?

HMNewbie

Re: Pale full coverage foundation?

Hey, rawriness.  I have the exact same problem.  Can't tell you how many foundations I've returned (to Sephora, to MAC, to Chanel, etc).  Everybody is too yellow.  I have found great success with DiorSkin Nude in Ivory 010 and Urban Decay Naked Skin in .5.  They're comparably priced and I'd have a hard time choosing a favorite between the two.  I will say the Urban Decay has a little more coverage and is a little more buildable than Dior, but Dior is a little whiter as UD is a little pinker which gives it more color - but it's not yellow color, so that's ok.  I'll probably pick Dior again, but I find something psychologically positive about wearing Dior every day.  :smileyhappy:

Grace & Peace,

Wendy

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

I use the Diorskin Nude (I'm a non-yellow pale gal). It's definitely on the neutral/white side, as HMNewbie described. You don't need a lot of it and it blends nicely. It's not matching my skin tone as well in the summer because of all the freckles I just received, but in the winter it's flawless. Might try the UD Naked after HMNewbies rec though...

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I hear al lot people with fair skin say that Kat Von D's tattoo foundation has shades light enough for them. It is also a full coverage foundation, so it could be worth looking into!

jennypenny1995

The ONLY foundation that is a liquid that actually matches my very fair complexion is Tarte's 12-Hour Foundation.  Right now, I'm using Lancome's Dual Finish formula (another great line for our shades), but the Tarte is my go-to when I need more coverage and/or in Winter months.  Really impressed with their shades!

nebel

(0) Hearts

I'm fair and cool toned, and I also have a very good match to the Tarte foundation

melissabt

Hi Rawriness-

Keely has the same issue and she swears by the Bobbi Brown Foundations. I recommend the Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation SPF 15 in Alabaster.alabaster.jpg

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • rawriness
    • HMNewbie
    • DesertRose0706